ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 5 September 2007

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
WEDNESDAY 5 SEPTEMBER 2007

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Tony Coates
   Mavis Cournane
   Tommy Lyons
   Zarella Rendon
   Larry Tanner

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm

      None.

   Review of Pacific call

      No comments.

   Support page maintenance

      No new items this week.

UBL TC MEETING IN STOCKHOLM 24-28 SEPTEMBER 2007

   Latest agenda:

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200708/msg00029.html

UPDATE PACKAGE WORK LIST

   See Pacific call minutes for outcome of discussion.

   ACTION (8/29): JB and TonyC to discuss update package revision
   workflow with GKH in next week's CLR TC call.

      Actually got discussed in the Pacific call (q.v.).

      AGREED that work items relating to the Update Package should
      be moved to the Pacific call agenda.

ATLANTIC ACTION ITEMS FROM MANHATTAN

   ACTION: GKH to write up the "Candidate Decision Regarding Code
   List Support" as amended 10 May 2007.

      Pending.

   Note that this relates directly to the architecture of the
   Update Package (and will therefore be moved to the Pacific call
   agenda).

TRACKING ITEMS FROM THE MANHATTAN F2F

   ACTION: MG to investigate the impact of GKH's proposed
   namespace-based versioning mechanism on the NDR.  AGREED that
   if no critical problems are found in this investigation, we
   will adopt GKH's proposal for namespace-based versioning, as
   contained in

      http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=23654

      ACTION (8/15): JB to begin an email conversation regarding
      the proposed namespace-based versioning mechanism with
      selected people outside the UBL TC, starting with the Danish
      government (PB), HL7 (Ann Wrightson), and ACORD; to include
      GKH, MG, TonyC, BH, and ZR.

         http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200709/msg00004.html

2008 TC MEETING SCHEDULE

   See this week's Pacific minutes.

   Note that we are set for the meeting in Manhattan 28 January -
   1 February 2008.  PROSPECTIVE ATTENDEES ARE URGED TO NAIL DOWN
   LOWER HOTEL RATES NOW.  Many of us will be staying at the
   Hotel Bedford.

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

   As always, the UBL TC will not hold conference calls the weeks
   before and after the next f2f.  Therefore, our concall schedule
   for the next few weeks is as follows:

      Week of 09/10: Pacific and Atlantic calls as usual
      Week of 09/17: NO PHONE MEETINGS
      Week of 09/24: NO PHONE MEETINGS (F2F IN STOCKHOLM)
      Week of 10/01: NO PHONE MEETINGS
      Week of 10/08: Pacific and Atlantic calls as usual

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC