ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] docbook of NDR, etc

To clarify a bit in case of any ambiguity,

1. make standard a mapping of invoice data to a table (not necessarily
including anything about cell dimensions - that could be implementation-
specific perhaps as if only affects the human interface - the purpose
being to allow use of spreadsheets, tables, etc in actual transactions)

2. the UBL invoice instance could be transformed to and from structure
defined above - a table in HTML or docbook, etc or spreadsheet

3. perhaps UBL could in some cases be sent along with the above as metadata

4. at the receiving end (and maybe the sending end for archiving, etc) the
invoice could be transformed to pdf or uoml and maybe it could be embedded
into the same as 'metadata' too along with codelists, etc

I realize it might seem a departure but really it's more a kind of profile
for those who might find it a preferable to the more traditional use of
UBL, etc. I believe there are some who would prefer to represent invoice
data (just using invoice as a typical example - read order, etc too) as
a spreadsheet say. Why not then as docbook instead or as ODF as Ken has
mentioned? Having the cells standardized - like eDocs does with visual
representation (and I'm not thinking primarily of visualization for the above
but see eDocs as a useful parallel and maybe the entry point for this idea)
would allow any tabular representation of the invoice or other document
to be made and to allow roundtrip transformations (and there may need to be
some code inclusion methodology as a profile item to avoid data loss in this
and in archiving).

Best regards
--
Stephen Green