ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Japanese translation of UBL 2.0 by JPLSC

Dear Ken Holman,
Thank you very much for your observations.
According to your request, I revised all JP files.
Best Regards,
Yukinori Saito

----- Original Message -----
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com>
To: "UBL TC" <ubl@lists.oasis-open.org>
Cc: "Yukinori Saito" <saito-yukinori@fujielectric.co.jp>; "大塚商会)伊藤様"
<N.Itoh@otsuka-shokai.co.jp>; "大阪工業大学)内藤様" <naitoh@is.oit.ac.jp>;
"石油化学工業協会)上野様" <kueno@iea.att.ne.jp>; "ジャストシステム)田代様"
<tetsuya_tashiro@justsystem.co.jp>
Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2007 6:49 AM

Thank you, Saito-san, for the work done by all of your committee to
produce these IDD spreadsheet files.

I make the following observations regarding these files:

In the JP Common Library IDD file column G is different than column G
of the other IDD files.  May I request that you please move your
column G to after the definition column so that the columns in JP
Common Library correspond to the other languages?

I also note that all JP files have an empty row 2 that is not in the
other IDD files.

I also note that all JP files have the title in cell A1 instead of
cell B1 as in other IDD files.

I also note that all JP files have added spaces to the document types
in the titles instead of preserving the concatenated names as in the
other IDD files.

I finally note that the title inside of Forwarding Instructions is
set differently as "Forwarding Instruction", unlike the other files
and inconsistent with the module name in UBL 2.0.

In summary, may I recommend that you maintain a consistent placement
and content of the cells of the JP IDD files to that of the other IDD
files?  I have found it difficult to accommodate the JP files because
of these differences.  Other users of these files may find similar
problems and the need to make accommodations.

Meanwhile, I have worked around the differences temporarily in order
to produce a Japanese-language version of Crane's UBL 2.0 Report HTML
files by using the Japanese definitions and business terms from your
new resource.

Would you please take a moment and go to Crane's home page, and then
from the right margin select "Free resources", then the first section
for "UBL, UN Layout Key, XPath and Code List Resources" link, then
the section "Report resources", then the section "Crane's UBL 2.0
model summary reports" where you will find "Crane's UBL 2.0 model
summary reports in Japanese" (I am not posting the link in the
archive in case the URL has to change, the above instructions should
be consistent regardless of the file locations).

My inability to read Japanese prevents me from ensuring I haven't
made a mistake, but from the patterns of characters I see on the
screen, I believe this report is complete.

Please do not post a copy of this HTML report elsewhere, but you are
welcome to point people to our web site to download their own copy of
the report.  In the future I may make improvements to these reports
and I do not wish to have different copies posted elsewhere.  As each
localization committee issues a revision, I will try to keep in step
with revisions to Crane's free resources.

Thank you for your assistance in reviewing this resource that you may
find useful with your Japanese colleagues who are considering or
working with UBL.

Please let me know (off this list and with a private message) if you
have any comments or questions regarding this new resource.

Thank you again for producing these files.

. . . . . . . . . . . Ken

At 2007-09-22 17:54 +0900, Yukinori Saito wrote:

>Dear UBL TC
>
>UBL JPLSC has finished translation job of UBL 2.0 from English to Japanese
>language.
>We (JPLSC members)  have shared translation workings. And we discussed and
>improved Japanese translation by e-mail and several F2F meetings.
>I send you the following two documents.
>
>(1) Japanese translation spread sheets
>The attached document 'UBL-Business Documents-2.0-JP.zip' includes 33 MS
>Excel spread sheets. There are 31 Business Documents, 1 Common library, and
>1 Qualified Data Type.
>
>(2) Comments to UBL 2.0 by UBL JPLSC
>We have had many comments regarding UBL 2.0 Business Documents during
>Japanese translation job. They are questions and some advices to UBL 2.0
>specification.
>We will be happy if UBL TC would examine our comments.
>
>Best Regards.
>Yukinori Saito
>(Vice chair of UBL JPLSC)
>Yukinori Saito
>Fuji Electric Information Service Co., Ltd. (FIS)
>e-mail: saito-yukinori@fujielectric.co.jp
>Tel: +81-3-5435-7333     Fax: +81-3-5435-7513

Upcoming public training: UBL and code lists Oct 1/5; Madrid Spain
Male Cancer Awareness Jul'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc

UBL-Business Documents-2.0-JP.zip