ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 29|30 October 2007

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
TUESDAY 30 OCTOBER 2007

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   G. Ken Holman
   Andy Schoka
   Sylvia Webb

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm

      AS: UBL will be represented in the 12-16 November TBG17
      meeting in Paris by TL and AS.

   Liaison reports

      AS: The TBG17 task force is researching the submission
      template columns to see where to put things.

   Subcommittee report: TSC

      AS: Held a meeting last week.  Happy to report that we got
      the license for Adobe Connect, and it looks like it's going
      to be very useful.  The next meeting will be held in two
      weeks.

   Review of Atlantic call

      No comments.

   Support page submissions

      None this week.

2008 TC WORK SCHEDULE

   Moved back here from a guest appearance in the Atlantic call.

   "TM: We can expect a comprehensive set of UBL 2.1 requirements
   from the BII workshop in May 2008.  Other than that, we don't
   have firm dates yet, but I will send some in email after
   discussions this week.

   ACTION: JB to construct a straw work schedule upon receipt of
   dates."

   AGREED to attempt completion of the 2.0 Update Package at the
   UBL TC meeting in Manhattan (Jan/Feb 2008).  (Note that this is
   a deliverable separate from UBL 2.1.)

UPDATE PACKAGE

   ACTION: JB to write up a list of specific work items.

      comments beginning with next week's Pacific call.

   ACTION: GKH to write up the "Candidate Decision Regarding Code
   List Support" as amended 10 May 2007.

      Pending.

      Note that this relates directly to the architecture of the
      Update Package.

   AS: We need to organize UBL 2.0 in a way that makes it more
   understandable.

   JB: That's a job for writers of books and tutorials.  But if we
   can identify specific things that will make UBL more
   accessible, then we should certainly implement them in 2.1.

2008 TC MEETING SCHEDULE

   28 Jan - 1 Feb 2008 in Manhattan

      Still considering the possibility that this might be moved
      if we can be sure of significant added CEN/ISSS BII
      participation as a result.  To be settled in this week's
      Atlantic call.

      GKH/AS: Could do the week before but not the week after
      (GKH: Will be unavailable all of February).

   March 2008 in Rome (together with UBL International Day)

      Discussion still in progress among the organizers of the ID.

      JB: Note that April would be (if anything) even better than
      March, though we will have to avoid conflicting with the
      7-11 April UN/CEFACT Forum meeting in Mexico City.

   4-8 August 2008 in Montréal

      Confirmed.  Hotel Europa, rue Drummond.

   January 2009 in Fremantle

      Still tentative.

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

   See

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200710/msg00012.html

   for the October/November call schedule.

   JB: Note that next week's Pacific call will begin at 4:30 PT /
   7:30 ET for callers in the U.S.

   GKH: Will be unavailable the week of 12/10 and probably 12/3;
   OK for the week of 12/17.

   JB: We will probably cancel calls the week of 12/3 anyway due
   to the XML 2007 conference.  This would give us the following
   tentative December/January schedule:

      Week of 12/03 Skip
      Week of 12/10 Regular schedule
      Week of 12/17 Regular schedule
      Week of 12/24 Skip
      Week of 12/31 Skip
      Week of 01/07 Regular schedule
      Week of 01/14 Regular schedule
      Week of 01/21 Skip
      Week of 01/28 Manhattan F2F
      Week of 02/04 Skip
      Week of 02/11 Regular schedule

   For discussion in the next Atlantic and Pacific calls.

TRACKING ITEMS

FOR NEXT WEEK

   Begin discussion of JPLSC comments.

   Restore Federal Community of Interest to the Pacific agenda.

PACIFIC ACTION ITEMS FROM MANHATTAN

   ACTION: PSC and TSC to provide feedback on UBL 2.0 SBS 2.0:

      http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/23873

      Pending.

   ACTION: PSC and TSC to summarize business rules that are (1)
   wanted in UBL but not allowed by [i.e., capable of being
   addressed by] the NDR (e.g., requirement to include one of
   PartyName and PartyIdentifier but not both) and (2) data items
   whose constraints are inherited from another standard (e.g.,
   lengths of data items specified by UNTDED); the rules so
   identified to become candidates for a list of schematron
   assertions "recommended to be included" (final characterization
   TBD).

      Pending.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC