ubl message

Subject: Re: Scope of SAP patents related to UBL and ebXML

Dear Claus,

Again, I thank you very much for your reply and clarification:

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200712/msg00013.html

I interpret your latest response as stating that to the extent SAP
or Dr. Gunther Stuhec hold any interests in patents or patent
rights purporting to claim technology relating to the work of
OASIS and UN/CEFACT in constructing UBL and ebXML, such patents
and patent rights are either licensed to all implementers on a
royalty-free basis or their enforcement has been waived by the
both of you.  Again, as we would with any other party, the UBL TC
will materially rely on these representations as work proceeds.
If you have any other questions, comments or concerns, or if
anything has been misinterpreted to any degree, please notify me
immediately in writing.

Best Regards,

Jon Bosak

Jon Bosak, Distinguished Engineer, Corporate Standards
Office of Global Government Strategy, Sun Microsystems
  Chair, OASIS Universal Business Language (UBL) TC
      Member, INCITS V1 and ISO/IEC JTC1 SC34
jon.bosak@sun.com         http://www.sun.com/standards