ubl message

Subject: A discussion topic for Manhattan - modelling UBLExtensions

Hi folks!

I just remembered one topic I would like to bring up for discussion
in Manhattan regarding UBL 2.0 Update is that the documentation of
the <UBLExtensions> element was treated in UBL 2.0 solely as a
document-model-expression modification/adaptation.

In the process of re-issuing the spreadsheets in UBL 2.0 Update with
repairs for the descriptions and other spreadsheet columns, I would
like us to consider repairing the spreadsheets with the addition of a
row representing the <UBLExtensions> element in each of the maindoc/
document spreadsheets, thus treating this element as a first-class
construct in the model.

This begs, then, how we should document the descendants of
<UBLExtensions> also as first-class objects.  For example I'm not
convinced they should be included as part of the Common
Library.  Rather they could be treated as a customized spreadsheet
along the lines of the separate spreadsheet for qDT that has a
different selection of columns that than for the elements.

This is not a normative change, as the schemas are not impacted by
this one iota.  My higher-priority intent is to reflect the normative
<UBLExtensions> element found in the schemas in the 31 document model
spreadsheets where it is used.  Of lesser priority to me, documenting
all descendent elements in a similar fashion would help implementers.

I acknowledge it may be far too late for considering this as part of
UBL 2.0 Update, but I didn't want the subject to be lost again to my memory.

Thanks!

Male Cancer Awareness Nov'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc