ubl message

Subject: Re: TSC Action Item FollowUp

Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 13:04:51 -0500
From: Andrew Schoka <AMSchoka@comcast.net>
Subject: RE: [ubl-tsc] Re: TSC Action Item FollowUp
To: sue.probert@dial.pipex.com, "'Tim McGrath'" <tmcgrath@portcomm.com.au>
Cc: "'JAVEST'" <roberto@javest.com>, hvmaaren@cetima.nl, dvankemmel@wanadoo.fr,
        heikki.laaksamo@tieke.fi, fmh@progrator.dk, ihu@ds.dk, KVP@itst.dk,
        Michael.Onder@dot.gov, ralph.ho@tradelink.com.hk,
        "'Connie Hing, Phaik See'" <ConnieHing@crimsonlogic.com>,
        "'Kama, Kamarudin Bin Tambi'" <kama@crimsonlogic.com>,
        jon.bosak@sun.com

Hi Sue,
Thank you for your comments and your link to UNCEFACT material.
Given the sense of harmony in this last exchange, I propose that we accept
Tim's latest wording for Shipment and Consignment as follows:

Shipment: An identifiable collection of one or more goods items to be
transported between the seller party and the buyer party. This
information may be defined within a commercial contract. A shipment can
be transported in different consignments (eg split for logistical purposes).

Consignment: An identifiable collection of one or more goods items to be
transported between the consignor and the consignee. This information
may be defined within a transport contract. A consignment may comprise
of more than one shipment (eg when consolidated by a freight forwarder).

Given that I don't receive any negative comments from the TSC members in the
next seven days, I will take this as agreement and will carry this forward
to the TC next week at the F2F.

Regards,
Andy