ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Agenda for Atlantic UBL TC call 13 February 2008

At 2008-02-12 06:53 -0800, jon.bosak@sun.com wrote:
>UBL 2.0 NDR EDITORIAL REVIEW
>
>    We're picking this up to move toward second public review and
>    final publication.  Next week's Atlantic call meeting will be
>    devoted to a review of the first half of the UBL 2.0 NDR
>    document (pages 1-20 of the PDF version); see file attached.
>    We hope in this first session to cover formatting issues
>    arising from Docbook/PDF conversion as well as editorial
>    issues.
>Jon Bosak
>Chair, OASIS UBL TC

>Content-MD5: m8qfA0U3A0DW8AXrXZF72Q==

Not yet mentioned in section 6 Code Lists of the posted document is a
discussion of the instance-level meta data defined in UBL 2.0 schemas
for information items governed by code lists.

For items based on the unqualified data type Amount, the attribute
currencyID has the coded value and the instance level meta data is
one attribute:

    currencyCodeListVersionID

For items based on the unqualified data type MeasureType, the
attribute unitCode has the coded value and the instance level meta
data is one attribute:

    unitCodeListVersionID

For items based on the unqualified data type QuantityType, the
attribute unitCode has the coded value and the instance level meta
data is three attributes:

    unitCodeListID
    unitCodeListAgencyID
    unitCodeListAgencyName

For an element named <xxxxxCode> based on the unqualified data type
CodeType, the element has the coded value and the instance level meta
data is seven attributes:

    listName
    listID
    listVersionID
    listSchemeURI
    listURI
    listAgencyName
    listAgencyID

For an element named <yyyyyID> based on the unqualified data type
IdentifierType, the element has the coded value and the instance
level meta data is six attributes:

    schemeName
    schemeVersionID
    schemeURI
    schemeDataURI
    schemeAgencyName
    schemeAgencyID

All instance-level meta data attributes are optional and can be
specified for each coded value used (there are no global
document-wide properties representing these attributes).  Any
combination can be specified by the author of the UBL instance to
qualify the identification of the semantics represented by the coded
value in the information item.  Absent any or all of these
attributes, an implementation can make its own judgements on the
implied semantics of the code used using only the information
available to identify the code list.

I think that is all that needs to be added ... this will help manage
the expectations of developers of implementations.

I hope this helps.

Male Cancer Awareness Nov'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc