ubl message

Subject: What is the purpose for ItemInstance?

Hi folks!

In an ongoing development, I've been told my earlier use of
ItemInstance was inappropriate to describe additional properties of
an item.  The latest version of an invoice I'm working on is here:

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-dev/200804/msg00007.html

The UBL description for <cac:ItemInstance> reads "An association to
Item Instance" .... which tells me nothing about its use.

What is the purpose of <cac:ItemInstance>?  Rewriting the description
could go on to a change list for a future version.

When would I use <cac:ItemInstance> or when would I use
<cac:AdditionalItemProperty> as a child of <cac:ItemInstance> instead
of as a child of <cac:Item>?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Male Cancer Awareness Nov'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc