ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 5|6 May 2008

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
TUESDAY 6 MAY 2008

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   G. Ken Holman
   Tim McGrath (vice chair)

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ubl.xml.org/events

      TM: "eGovernment Goes Europe," Vienna, 5 June; ETSI "B2B
      Plugtest" [http://www.etsi.org/plugtests/B2B/B2B.htm].  Will
      add to u.x.o event calendar.

   Subcommittee report: PSC

      TM: The PSC will be meeting this week in Barcelona.

   Review of Atlantic call

      GKH: Regarding PB's comment on profiles: The role of the
      Customizations area of ubl.xml.org is to provide a place for
      communities of users to create mini web pages for their
      customizations.  So the language here needs to be edited to
      make this clear.  ACTION: Karsten Tolle (in charge of
      Customization area) to add a paragraph to this effect.

      No other comments.

ADOPTION SC / UBL FOCUS AREA

   ACTION (4/29): JB to create an account and move the calendar
   over to ubl.xml.org.

      Done.

   JB: When do we close down the Support Page?

   GKH: RobertoC is doing work on resources; haven't heard back
   from others yet.

   ACTION (5/6): JB to point to ubl.xml.org from the Support Page
   and note that materials are being transferred.

UPDATE PACKAGE STATUS REPORT AND SCHEDULING

   Initial public review ends 8 May.

   ACTION (5/6): JB to revise the Update Package in light of
   comments received.

   ACTION (1/8): JB to revise the work schedule spreadsheet.

      Pending,

CUSTOMIZATION GUIDELINES

   JB: MC currently unavailable.

   TM: CGs are with me to consolidate the discussion from Bologna.

   ACTION (5/6): TM to act as substitute editor.  Update and
   markup of the first three sections of the CGs due in to MG for
   editorial check by Pacific call next week.

UBL 2.1 ISSUES LIST

   ACTION (12/18): TM to populate the new issues list with all
   currently known UBL 2.1 issues.

      Pending.

FINANCIAL REQUIREMENTS TASK FORCE

   ACTION (5/6): JB to alert Georg that he is on the critical path
   to start (can't send out an announcement till the chair is in
   place).

CODE LIST IPR

   Discussion of Incoterms and related subjects.  It was noted
   that all code lists published by UBL so far are either under
   the UNECE umbrella or are explicitly in the public domain.

   AGREED that we will only publish code lists that are provided
   by UNECE or are in the public domain.

   We note that the stated Incoterms copyright puts that list
   outside of this policy and makes it extremely unlikely that
   permission would be given to publish.

   We also note that ubl.xml.org can serve as a repository for
   community-developed genericode files relevant to UBL.

2008 TC MEETING SCHEDULE

   4-8 August 2008 in Montréal

      Confirmed.  Hotel Europa, rue Drummond (the week prior to
      the Balisage conference in the same location).

      JB: Time to book hotel rooms!  I got the "Markup conference"
      rate of CAD 135 for the nights of the conference and CAD 139
      for the nights of the UBL TC meeting.  But THESE ROOMS
      ALWAYS SELL OUT DURING THE SUMMER.  People should reserve
      rooms ASAP even if they are not sure yet whether they can
      attend.

   5-9 January 2009 in Fremantle

      Date set (tentatively); other arrangements TBD.

      JB: This doesn't leave enough time for travel following the
      holidays.

      AGREED to propose that we change the meeting date to the
      week of 19 January 2009.

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

   Regular schedule.

OTHER BUSINESS

   TM: The OASIS eGov Member Group held a workshop at the OASIS
   Symposium last week.  Presented on UBL; the group expressed
   interest in the government procurement aspects.

   ACTION (5/6): JB to contact Carol Cosgrove-Sacks regarding
   possible synergy.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC