ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 23|24 June 2008

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
TUESDAY 24 JUNE 2008

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   G. Ken Holman
   Tim McGrath (vice chair)
   Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ubl.xml.org/events

      None.

   Subcommittee report: PSC

      TM: Status report needed.  Will discuss with PLB.

   Subcommittee report: TSC

      TM: There is a very useful gap analysis on the EFM site.

      JB: We will put this on the agenda for next week's call.

      ACTION: AS to contact Ismar for an update regarding Danish
      transportation requirements.

   Review of Atlantic call

      ACTION (6/3): JB to revise and republish the FIRTG charter
      to add "in alignment with UN/CEFACT deliverables."

         Done.

      JB: Stig Korsgaard of the Danish Bankers Association informs
      us that a staff person will be assigned to FIRTG at the
      request of the Danish government.

      No further comments on last week's Atlantic minutes.

ADOPTION SC / UBL FOCUS AREA

   [It appears that we accidentally skipped this item.  We will
   discuss status next week.]

LOCALIZATION SUBCOMMITTEES

   ACTION (6/10): JB to proceed with formation of the German
   Localization Subcommittee (DELSC) with Karsten Tolle as chair.

      JB: A formal proposal has been made to the TC:

         http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200806/msg00014.html

      No objections having been received, we will now request
      formation of the DELSC web page and mailing list.

INTERNATIONAL DATA DICTIONARY

   JB: Revisions to bring the Spanish, Italian, and Japanese
   translations of the UBL 2.0 data dictionary in line with the
   2.0 Update Package are now underway.  These three translations
   will then go into intial public review as a package, with
   German, Slovak, Chinese, and Korean to follow in a later phase.

UBL WORK SCHEDULE

   ACTION (1/8): JB to revise the work schedule spreadsheet.

      Pending.

   JB: An editorial work session on the UBL 2.0 NDR is scheduled
   for the Atlantic call next week (2 July).

CUSTOMIZATION GUIDELINES

   TM: The latest revision is now with MG/MC.

   ACTION: JB to find out status.

UBL 2.1 ISSUES LIST

   ACTION (12/18): TM to populate the new issues list with all
   currently known UBL 2.1 issues.

      Pending.

UBL 2.1 BUSINESS RULES TASK GROUP

   From Bologna, affirmed 4/29 and 4/30:

      AGREED to form a Business Rules Task Group consisting at a
      minimum of G. Ken Holman and Peter Borresen.  Other
      interested members of the TC are invited to join.  (PB and
      AS have action items from Bologna to provide initial lists
      of rules from the PSC and TSC, respectively.)

   Outcome of discussion:

      We're really looking for two different sorts of schematron
      rules here.  One set of rules will enforce UNTDED field
      length/type restrictions for those UBL 2.0 constructs that
      correspond to UNTDED elements (identified in column S of the
      UBL 2.0 spreadsheets).  This set will actually constitute a
      UNTDED implementation profile of UBL 2.0, and GKH will
      automate its construction by comparing entries in column S
      of our models with the UNTDED spreadsheets.

      The other set of schematron rules will enforce data
      constraints needed in UBL implementations but not
      expressible in schemas.  This set will become part of UBL.
      TM will check with PLB for input.

2008 TC MEETING SCHEDULE

   4-8 August 2008 in Montréal

      Confirmed.  Hotel Europa, rue Drummond (the week prior to
      the Balisage conference in the same location).

      GKH: Can use the time for various projects already
      committed, e.g., HISC, UNTDED rules.

      JB: Will check for agenda items in Atlantic call.

   19-23 January 2009 in Fremantle

      TM: Working on several venue possibilities, one of which is
      in Perth.

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

      Week of 30 June   REGULAR SCHEDULE
      Week of 07 July   REGULAR SCHEDULE
      Week of 14 July   REGULAR SCHEDULE
      Week of 21 July   *** CANCELED *** (due to chair travel)
      Week of 28 July   *** CANCELED *** (per usual policy)
      Week of 04 August TC MEETING IN MONTRÉAL
      Week of 11 August *** CANCELED *** (per usual policy)
      Week of 18 August REGULAR SCHEDULE
      Week of 25 August REGULAR SCHEDULE

OTHER BUSINESS

   JB: Significance of draft answer to UNTDED Road Map Survey?

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200806/msg00015.html

   TM: This is a draft opinion that the TDED should be a data
   dictionary.  AS has proposed a wikipedia-like model.

   AGREED that we should develop input on this.

   ACTION: The TC to study the draft (see URL above) and be ready
   to discuss in next week's Pacific and Atlantic calls with the
   objective of agreeing on a TC response to the questionnaire.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC