ubl message

Subject: OASIS Semantic Support for Electronic Business Document,Interoperability(SET)

I have been asked by several people about this new OASIS TC and its role
within the ebXML Core Components work.  Note that this is a personal
view and not that of SET, UBL or any other organization.

I see SET as attempting an ontological approach to interoperability.

Asuman Dogac and the SRDC in Ankara have been working for a while on the
idea that if everyone used CCTS then it should us to help develop
interoperable vocabularies.  For example, the alignment we are currently
working on with the UN/CEFACT Core Component Library can use ontological
rules to establish and define the relationships between entities.

This is not duplicating any work that I am aware of going on in
UN/CEFACT. Actually it would be better to see this as developing a
methodology for harmonizing vocabularies.  UN/CEFACT could use this as
the TBG17 approach to harmonization.

These slides give and overview of the work to be achieved within the scope
of the SET TC.
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/set/download.php/28844/20080711.SET.TC.ppt

begin:vcard
fn:Tim McGrath