ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 18|19 August 2008

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
TUESDAY 19 AUGUST 2008

ATTENDANCE

    Jon Bosak (chair)
    G. Ken Holman
    Tim McGrath (vice chair)

NEW CON CALL SYSTEM

    It works!  We'll be using this facility from now on.

MINUTES OF THE UBL TC MEETING IN MONTRÉAL

   JB: Minutes will be out next week.

STANDING ITEMS

    Additions to the calendar:
       http://ubl.xml.org/events

       TM: Open Standards 08 Conference in Sydney 29-30 October:

       http://www.open-standards.com/callforpapers.html

    Review of Atlantic call 16 July

       No comments.

INTERNATIONAL DATA DICTIONARY

    GKH: Have set up a mechanism for collaborative translations on
    ubl.xml.org.

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-dev/200808/msg00008.html

    JB: Roberto has expressed interest in something similar.

    ACTION: GKH and Roberto to consult on a way to handle existing
    partial translations (Hungarian, Lithuanian, Turkish) using the
    collaborative mechanism.

    TM: Will forward this information to STASIS, a Framework 7
    semantic interoperability project
    (http://www.stasis-project.net/); they may be interested in
    contributing or participating.

UBL WORK SCHEDULE

    ACTION (1/8): JB to revise the work schedule spreadsheet.

       Pending finalization of the BII schedule.

       JB: Hopefully we will know by the end of the BII meeting 10
       September.

CUSTOMIZATION GUIDELINES

    JB: We made tremendous progress on this; first drafts were
    completed by the end of the meeting in Montréal, and TM has now
    sent the authors a complete draft.  I will be reviewing it this
    week.

    GKH: Me too.

    TM: Note the caveat about changing some things.  We need a
    careful technical review.

UBL 2.1 ISSUES LIST

    ACTION (12/18): TM to populate the new issues list with all
    currently known UBL 2.1 issues.

       TM: Work has begun on updating the list left over from UBL
       2.0.  We are already up to about 30 new items.  First draft
       possible next week.

UBL TC MEETING IN FREMANTLE 19-23 JANUARY 2009

    JB: Finally forwarded the details:

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200808/msg00010.html

    TM: Expecting GKH and MC, possibly AH.  Would like to organize
    a Friday morning workshop for government and possibly a public
    event in the afternoon.

    GKH: Could do a one-hour UBL overview as in Rome.

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

    Regular schedule for the next couple of months.

OTHER BUSINESS

    Congratulations to Andy Schoka on the birth of his fourth
    grandchild (his daughter's first)!

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC