ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 27 August 2008

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
WEDNESDAY 27 AUGUST 2008

ATTENDANCE

    Jon Bosak (chair)
    Zarella Rendon

STANDING ITEMS

    Additions to the calendar:
       http://ubl.xml.org/events

       None.

    Review of Pacific call minutes

       Delayed; will be reviewed next week.

CUSTOMIZATION GUIDELINES

    JB: A draft is scheduled to be released to the TC following the
    Pacific call next week.

UBL 2.0 NDR EDITORIAL REVIEW

    JB: A major content edit is complete; now starting a copy edit
    to deal with formatting issues and address the two tracking
    items below.

    TRACKING ITEMS

       We need to add a section on code list metadata; see

          http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200803/msg00001.html

       Note on order of BBIEs and ASBIEs

          See minutes of Pacific call 1 July 2008.

UBL TC MEETING IN FREMANTLE

    Preliminary meeting info:

       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200808/msg00010.html

    Expected attendance: TM, MC, GKH; possibly AS, MG, AH.

2009 TC MEETING SCHEDULE

    As of Pacific call:

       April/May: East coast North America (probably in DC area or
       possibly in Ottawa) has been suggested, but it's possible
       that we will have an opportunity to meet with UN/CEFACT at
       their 20-24 April 2009 Forum in Rome.

    ZR: Would prefer a DC venue, but might be able to attend in
    Rome given enough notice.

       August: We are agreed on a preliminary plan to meet the week
       before or the week after the Balisage conference in
       Montréal; this would be 3-7 August or 10-14 August 2009,
       depending on which is chosen for Balisage.  It's possible
       that we will wish to hold a plenary in conjunction with the
       UN/CEFACT Forum in Sapporo 28 September - 2 October, in
       which case the Montréal meeting will be considered a working
       session.

    JB: Perhaps we could take the same approach here as suggested
    for the spring meeting (work session in Montréal, plenary in
    Sapporo).

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

    Regular schedule for the next few months.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC