ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 29|30 September 2008

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
TUESDAY 30 SEPTEMBER 2008

ATTENDANCE

    Jon Bosak (chair)
    G. Ken Holman
    Tim McGrath (vice chair)
    Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

    Additions to the calendar:
       http://ubl.xml.org/events

       TM: Will be presenting a paper at the 2nd International
       Scientific-Industrial Workshop on Enterprise Application and
       Information Integration in Vilnius 7 October
       (www.eaii.abilities.lt/).  Also, confirmed as a speaker at
       the Open Standards 08 conference in Sydney

    Liaison reports

       TM: We need to update the TBG17 contact and participant
       information for UBL: should be TM as contact person (note
       that address needs correction), AS as primary rep, Martin
       Forsberg as alternate.

       ACTION: JB to inform Marion with copy to Mary Kay and the
       UBL participants.

    Subcommittee report: PSC

       JB: PLB says that the PSC will start meeting in October.

       GKH: His new address will be plb@ebconnect.dk

    Subcommittee report: TSC

       AS: TSC meetings will resume next week.

    Review of Atlantic call minutes

       No comments.

MINUTES OF THE UBL TC MEETING IN MONTRÉAL

    Pending.

INTERNATIONAL DATA DICTIONARY

    JB: Danish translation still not in yet.  Will begin PRD
    submission process for Japanese, Italian, and Spanish next
    week.

UBL WORK SCHEDULE

    ACTION (1/8): JB to revise the work schedule spreadsheet.

       Pending.

CUSTOMIZATION GUIDELINES

    JB: Have completed one editorial round with OASIS and am now
    waiting to see whether any editorial issues remain.

UBL 2.1 ISSUES LIST

       Pending.

NAMING AND DESIGN RULES

    JB: See Atlantic minutes.  Work will continue in the
    Atlantic call.

ADVANCED ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE (XAdES)

    JB: Roberto Cisternino has requested that we consider the
    addition of a specification for the use of XAdES (developed by
    ETSI) for the advanced electronic signature of UBL documents.

    TM: ETSI have developed XAdES, a data encryption standard for
    electronic signatures in XML that is used in the financial
    community and other areas such as etendering.  It appears that
    Oriol has implemented XAdES for UBL in Spain; this could serve
    as a model for others.  Roberto has been asked by a member from
    ETSI to form a liaison for further work.

    AGREED that since the method uses UBL extension and a subset of
    UBL signature, it qualifies as a profile of UBL and should be
    so defined if resources can be found to do the work.

    ACTION: Starting next week, JB to ask for UBL TC members
    interested in forming a Task Group to work on an XAdES UBL
    Profile and someone to serve as a liaison to ETSI.

2009 TC MEETING SCHEDULE

    19-23 January 2009 in Fremantle

       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200808/msg00010.html

       Expected attendance: TM, MC, GKH; possibly AS, MG, AH

       TM: Urgently need to know who will be attending and also
       able to present on Friday of the meeting.  This information
       is needed for a proposal to a prospective sponsor.  It would
       be particularly valuable for someone from Europe to speak
       regarding BII.

    April/May 2009

       East coast North America (probably in DC area or possibly in
       Ottawa) has been suggested, but it's possible that we will
       have an opportunity to meet with UN/CEFACT at their 20-24
       April 2009 Forum in Rome.

       JB: It appears that our work in that time frame will be
       primarily content-related rather than XML-related.

       AGREED that we will plan on a UBL plenary in Rome and
       schedule a separate working session on the U.S. east coast
       if it so happens that there is significant technical work to
       be accomplished at that time.

       ACTION: TM to arrange colocation with UN/CEFACT.

    August 2009

       We are agreed on a preliminary plan to meet the week before
       or the week after the Balisage conference in Montréal; this
       would be 3-7 August or 10-14 August 2009, depending on which
       is chosen for Balisage.  It's possible that we will wish to
       hold a plenary in conjunction with the UN/CEFACT Forum in
       Sapporo 28 September - 2 October, in which case the Montréal
       meeting will be considered a working session.

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

    Week of 2008.10.06: Regular schedule
    Week of 2008.10.13: Regular schedule
    Week of 2008.10.20: Regular schedule (TM to chair Pacific)
    Week of 2008.10.27: Regular schedule *** Seasonal time shift (EU)
    Week of 2008.11.03: Regular schedule *** Seasonal time shift (US)
    Week of 2008.11.10: Regular schedule
    Week of 2008.11.17: Regular schedule
    Week of 2008.11.24: >>> NO MEETINGS <<<
    Week of 2008.12.01: Regular schedule