ubl message

Subject: Recruiting task group to form XAdES profile for UBL

Hello UBL TC,

Regarding this item from the UBL TC Pacific call minutes of 30
September:

    JB: Roberto Cisternino has requested that we consider the
    addition of a specification for the use of XAdES (developed by
    ETSI) for the advanced electronic signature of UBL documents.

    TM: ETSI have developed XAdES, a data encryption standard for
    electronic signatures in XML that is used in the financial
    community and other areas such as etendering.  It appears that
    Oriol Bausą has implemented XAdES for UBL in Spain; this could
    serve as a model for others.  Roberto has been asked by a
    member from ETSI to form a liaison for further work.

    AGREED that since the method uses UBL extension and a subset of
    UBL signature, it qualifies as a profile of UBL and should be
    so defined if resources can be found to do the work.

We're now looking for UBL TC members interested in forming an
XAdES Task Group to work on the formal definition of an XAdES UBL
Profile.  We're also looking for a UBL TC member to become a
liaison to ETSI for this purpose.  If you are a TC member willing
to engage in this work, please contact me off the list
(bosak@ibiblio.org).

Jon