ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] UBL 2.0 IDD -- approval of candidate PRD

At 2008-10-20 13:40 -0400, Jon Bosak wrote:
>The UBL 2.0 IDD appears ready to go out for its initial 60-day
>Public Review.  Please see the draft at
>
>http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/29717/UBL-2.0-idd-prd01.zip
>
>Note that there will be further opportunities to revise this draft
>in light of comments received during the public review period.
>
>If you are a voting member of the TC and you object to the
>submission of this draft for OASIS public review, please signify
>your objection by mail to the UBL TC list no later than COB Monday
>27 October 2008.  If you have no objection to beginning public
>review, do nothing.

My automated processes reveal that all IDD spreadsheets, both XLS and
ODS formats, have consistent column titles, as well as consistent
column contents for columns A-F.  To test this I introduced such
inconsistencies that were all detected, so I think I can assume there
are none in the original files.

Some observations:

1 - there are some inconsistent naming between "prd01" and "prd1" in
the names of files and directories (makes automation more difficult)

2 - would "prd01" of this UBL 2.0 update be confused with the "prd01"
of UBL 2.0?  Should we have "update" somewhere in the labelling of
the files?  In my work I've labeled this "UBL-IDD-2.0-update-prd01".

3 - ES and IT spreadsheets:  cell E1 for version is the function
=NOW(), which is constantly updated when the file is opened ... I
think should be hardwired as in Japanese spreadsheets in cell H1 to
reflect a true version date for each spreadsheet ... there are even
different dates on different JP files showing how each one has been
kept up with its own version tracking

4 - the JP spreadsheets have their version number in cell H1 while ES
and IT spreadsheets have their version number in cell E1 ... I can
accommodate this, but automation might be easier if *everything* was
located in the same cells for all spreadsheets

With thanks to the feedback from Chee-Kai, I've changed the
genericode column references to be collapsed spreadsheet column
titles rather than obscure abbreviations.

As a byproduct of creating the aggregate genericode files, I have
also included in the package a summary of the entire multi-language
UBL IDD 2.0 Update PRD01 as a singe HTML file.  This one file shows
all UBL information entities with all languages
summarized.  Maximizing your browser on your screen is *highly*
recommended for viewing this file ... your feedback on presentation
improvements is welcome.

All this can be found on my web site in a single ZIP file at:

   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/resources/ubl/index.htm#ubl2idd2genericode

Please let me know if you find anything wrong or unexpected with this
package ... I think it is complete, but I'm too close to it to tell.

If you decide to address the observations above for the 60-day
review, I will produce another ZIP when revised spreadsheets are made
available.

--
Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO hands-on courses:      Wellington, NZ 2009-01
Video sample lesson:    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrNjJCh7Ppg