ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 1|2 December 2008

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
TUESDAY 2 DECEMBER 2008

ATTENDANCE

    Jon Bosak (chair)
    Andy Schoka
    G. Ken Holman

STANDING ITEMS

    Additions to the calendar:
       http://ubl.xml.org/events

       None.

    Subcommittee report: TSC

       AS: TSC meets tomorrow.

    Review of Atlantic call minutes

       No comments.

FORMATION OF TURKISH LOCALIZATION SUBCOMMITTEE (TRLSC)

    JB: The web site and mailing list are now in operation, but
    something about the character encoding requires a manual
    override in Firefox (assuming use of a Unicode font).

    ACTION: GKH to contact OASIS regarding apparent error in
    character encoding for the web page.

    ACTION: JB to announce to ubl-dev and ebxml-dev after the
    encoding issue is resolved.

OTHER LOCALIZATION SUBCOMMITTEES

    ACTION (11/18): JB to reactivate former contacts in Brazil.

       Pending.

ADVANCED ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE (XAdES)

    ACTION (11/18 for this week): JB to check with Julián.

       Pending.

UBL 2.0 CUSTOMIZATION GUIDELINES

    JB: Resuming work on this; public review ended 29 November.
    [And it should be noted that no comments were received.]  Most
    of the work will take place at the January F2F in Fremantle,
    but there is this one item pending:

       ACTION (11/18): JB to draft a new section on code list use for
       possible addition to the Customization Guidelines after
       close of public review.

    JB: Thinking now that while code list compliance is
    mechanically different from schema compliance (which has a
    standardized operational definition in terms of schema
    validation), code list compliance is otherwise not notionally
    different from schema compliance, it just has multiple owners.
    For example, if your compliant UBL instances use only country
    codes from the ISO 3166-1 code list, then your instance is both
    UBL compliant and ISO 3166-1 compliant.

    GKH: So in terms of the original question, adding codes to the
    UN/ECE Rec 24 list we provide as part of the 2.0 package means
    that you are UBL compliant but no longer UN/ECE Rec 24
    compliant, and so on.

    JB: This is really about contracts between trading partners,
    for example, contracts using our Model Letter Agreement:

    http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=24992

    Perhaps a field should be added to this for the designation of
    code lists to be agreed upon in addition to schemas agreed
    upon.  Then our defaultCodeList.xsl file becomes a convenience
    for those partners willing to take all the standard code lists
    we've bundled into that.  But it's just a shorthand for
    agreeing to comply with all those other standards.

    GKH: We need to clarify what we mean by the second pass.

    JB: Will try to draft something later this week.

2009 TC MEETING SCHEDULE

    19-23 January 2009 in Fremantle.

       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200808/msg00010.html

       Expected attendance: TM, MC, GKH, AH, Thomas Lee

    20-24 April 2009, colocated with the UN/CEFACT Forum in Rome if
    possible.

    17-21 August 2009 in Montréal, colocated with Balisage the
    previous week.

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

    Week of 2008.12.08: >>> NO MEETINGS <<<
    Week of 2008.12.15: Regular schedule