ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 9-10 February 2009

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
TUESDAY 10 FEBRUARY 2008

ATTENDANCE

   Anne Hendry
   G. Ken Holman
   Tim McGrath (temporary chair for this meeting)
   Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ubl.xml.org/events
Nothing to add - GKH commented that the BII meeting in Brussels in March
may be moved to another date and may be in Paris.

   Liaison reports
AS reported that TBG17 are meeting this week in Washington DC.
Collaboration plan with UBL was discussed and it was agreed that this
may prove a useful example for other standards groups to  utilize the
CEFACT Core Component Library.  AS assured TBG17 that we will deliver
the UBL CC requirements at the Rome Forum in April.
AS also reported that it was announced that there will be a CEFACT
Plenary meeting in November 2009 but it is unclear if this replaces the
one planned for earlier in the year or if it is a second one.
AS commented that ISO TC 204 WG1 are working on a Data Harmonization
project that we should engage with.  TM nooted that the OASIS SET TC may
also be interested in this work.  We may wish to appoint an official
liaison.
TM noted that TBG1 now have a Google group to publicise their workplans.
Action: AS to circulate WG1 papers, JB to put issue of TC 204 liaison on
next week's agenda.

   Subcommittee report: PSC
TM reported that after discussion with Peter Borresen we may want to
allocate some PSC tasks to the TC.  GKH noted that the TC could not
provide the domin expertise.  TM said this would be provided by
submitters and stakeholders, the TC would mainly be needed to provide
coordination and managment.

   Subcommittee report: TSC
Meetings will resume this week and focus on the mapping of Core
Components.  AH commented that she had gone through some exmaple of the
CC mapping work with Peter Borresen at the Fremantle meeting.  The 2.1
Issues will be addressed later.
Action: AS to schedule call for Thursday/Friday

   Issues list updates
No updates this week.

2009 WORK SCHEDULE
TM commented that JB had a first draft and was refining the details.
Action: JB to circulate draft when suitable.

ADVANCED ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE (XAdES)
TM and GKH noted that the deliverables of this task was a document that
described how to implement XAdES in UBL syntax.  It would be a Committee
Specification.  It was agred that we shoul try to synchronize the
schedule with other Committee Specifications to simplify the review
timetable.  This will also fix some milsetones for the task.  Probably
the IDD was a suitable timescale for this.
Action: JB to notify Julian of the schedule for IDD and ask if they can
meet this with their document.

UBL 2.0 CUSTOMIZATION GUIDELINES
GKH noted that following the Fremantle meeting we had modified the
section on Code Lists and we now need a revised draft to go to the TC
before we can start the 15 day public review.
Action: JB to circulate revised draft.

MODEL LETTER AGREEMENT, ETC.

   "ACTION (12/16): Did the former Support Page stuff ever get moved
   over to ubl.xml.org?
GKH: Yes, now checking other materials

UBL 2.1 SCHEMA GENERATION

   From 12/16:

   "AGREED that schema output and tool issues will need to be
   reviewed, but we think this can be done on the TC list;
   therefore, a task group should be sufficient.

   ACTION: JB to inform Oriol and formally constitute the group."
GKH noted that Oriol was appreciative of his offer to support him in
this task.
Action: JB to notify the TC that Oriol and GKH  will be managing the
schema generation for UL 2.1

2009 TC MEETING SCHEDULE

   20-24 April 2009, colocated with the UN/CEFACT Forum in Rome
TM has not had an update for the FMG and is working on the assuption all
is going ahead. AS noted that hotel room booking have been extended by a
few weeks.

   17-21 August 2009 in Montréal, colocated with Balisage the previous
week.

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

   Week of 2009.02.16: Regular schedule
   Week of 2009.02.23: Regular schedule