ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Sanity check: UBL Guidelines for Customization 1.0 PRD 02

Congratulations again to those who've worked so hard on this
document.

Two or three things seem to be missed (I may be wrong but I
could not see them in the guidelines). I do not think they are
essential but maybe the document might not be so complete
without them.

1. Some mention of whether (and perhaps how) to define a UBL
extension point extension using a schema and whether or not
to use the UBL NDR for this could be included.

2. Mention of any value of including CCTS metadata (Rep. Term,
etc) in a UBL-compatible schema. I guess this is implicit in
mentioning the use of the UBL NDR but maybe there is good
reason to call out the value of supporting data dictionary usage
by conforming to CCTS. Mention of whether to do this when
creating a conformant extension (i.e. using the extension point)
seems important too. One aspect of the value might be to help
with interoperability and mappings (e.g. as per SET TC guidelines)
with other entities so defined according to CCTS.

3. The example between lines 765 and 770 does allude to putting
the namespace declaration in the extension directly under the
extension point element (ext:ExtensionContent) but the same
does not appear in the following example. I suggest putting example
namespaces there to illustrate how this can (should??) be done for
a custom extension. Or is the ommission of namespace declaration
for prefixes OK? Some mention of implications for instance
validation might also be included.

Best regards

Stephen D Green