ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Clarification regarding UBL 2.0 schema fragments

At 2009-05-10 19:48 -0400, Crawford, Mark wrote:
>CCT is a UBL - not UN/CEFACT - schema.

Forgive my confusion, Mark, but I must have then interpreted
incorrectly from the following copyright statements:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.0/xsd/common/CCTS_CCT_SchemaModule-2.0.xsd

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!-- ====================================================================== -->
<!-- ===== CCTS Core Component Type Schema Module ===== -->
<!-- ====================================================================== -->
<!--
    Module of Core Component Type
    Agency: UN/CEFACT
    VersionID: 1.1
    Last change: 14 January 2005

    Copyright (C) UN/CEFACT (2006). All Rights Reserved.

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.0/xsd/common/UnqualifiedDataTypeSchemaModule-2.0.xsd

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!-- ====================================================================== -->
<!-- ===== UDT Unqualified Data Type Schema Module ===== -->
<!-- ====================================================================== -->
<!--
    Module of Unqualified Data Type
    Agency: UN/CEFACT
    Version:     1.1, rev. A
    Last change: 16 February 2005

    Copyright (C) UN/CEFACT (2006). All Rights Reserved.

These are the only two schema fragments I'm referencing in
message.  Looking in both of those fragments I do not find the
character sequence "UBL" even being mentioned.

In my analysis I'm not referencing UBL-QualifiedDatatypes-2.0.xsd or
any other schema fragment specific to UBL.

As I reported, these schemas with the UN/CEFACT copyright statements
do not satisfy the requirements in either table 8-1 or table 8-2 of
the CCTS V2.01 specification.  In UBL 2.1 we need access to the
supplementary components defined in these tables that were omitted
from UBL 2.0 as XML attributes.

Are we then responsible for our own expression of XML data types
corresponding to the CCTS V2.01 specification, such that we need not
use these copyrighted documents?

Thank you for your guidance ... I appreciate you taking from your
time for your expert comments on this topic.  I'm just trying to
understand what was done for UBL 2.0 so that I can propose an
appropriate direction for UBL 2.1.

--
XSLT/XQuery/XSL-FO hands-on training - Los Angeles, USA 2009-06-08
Male Cancer Awareness Nov'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc