ubl message

Subject: Re: SV: [ubl] More input regarding removing code lists from schemas

At 2009-06-25 22:04 +0200, Martin Forsberg wrote:
>I'm not sure the difference in time comes (directly) from different
>code list validation methods. The big different is probably that CII
>is using a library of reusable types that are stored on the
>unece.org-servers and with absolute paths for the imports. The
>latest version of the library-schema is 5.4 mb so the 70 secs are
>most likely downloading time.

Very good point ... I was given a ZIP package for disk use and I
improperly did not inspect the package for the import statements.  Mea culpa!

So I've looked at the schema fragments at:

   http://www.unece.org/cefact/xml_schemas/index.htm#2008A

... and I see a duplicate link.  The documented
UNECE_PaymentMeansCode_D08A.xsd is a link to
UNECE_PaymentGuaranteeMeansCode_D08A.xsd so I am getting
conflicts.  I actually found the file by hacking my own URL rather
than using the link.

Much more meaningful results, Martin, thank you ... now the
difference is only a factor of two:

CII:
   Schema checking successful. Time: 3064 milliseconds
   Processing file:/T:/ciilocal2/test.xml

UBL:
  XSD:
   Schema checking successful. Time: 1432 milliseconds
   Processing file:/U:/cd/artefacts/os-UBL-2.0/xml/UBL-Invoice-2.0-Example.xml
  XSLT:
   Tree built in 20 milliseconds
   Execution time: 90 milliseconds

>To make an isolated comparison of code list validation, I would use
>some sort of caching.

Indeed ... I shall report my findings accordingly.

But again, as I said before these are not scientific tests (though
Saxon does report timing without consideration for initialization and
important for third parties to look at such issues.  This was just a
hasty sidebar from some issues Roberto and I were discussing.

Thank you again for bringing to light the faults in the original comparisons.

Male Cancer Awareness Nov'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc