ubl message

Subject: A single XML genericode file of all UBL 2.0 spreadsheet model information

Hi folks,

For discussion this evening, I have created a programmer's resource
in my ongoing work to develop some qualified data type approaches for UBL 2.1.

I wrote a generic distillation tool that takes all non-empty cells of
all of the UBL 2.0 spreadsheets and aggregates them as a single XML
file.  The tool is generic in that it has no knowledge of UBL and
simply exports the spreadsheet contents using the spreadsheet column
headings as the genericode column identifiers.

I chose the genericode file format as this is an OASIS standard
representation of a sparsely populated keyed table.  Indeed our UBL
spreadsheets are sparsely populated tables keyed on the dictionary entry names.

I propose such a resource be published in the mod/ subdirectory of
UBL 2.1 and subsequent releases, since it is just an alternative
expression of the schemas found in the same subdirectory.

I've created the UBL 2.0 version of this proposed file and posted it here:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=33262

I took a stab at metadata for the file, commenting the location out
until we have a final version:

    <Identification>
       <ShortName>UBL-2.0</ShortName>
       <LongName>UBL 2.0 Business Entity Summary</LongName>
       <Version>2.0</Version>
       <CanonicalUri>urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:BIE</CanonicalUri>
       <CanonicalVersionUri>urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:BIE:2.0</CanonicalVersionUri>
       <!--
       <LocationUri>http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.0-update/mod/UBL-2.0-Entities.gc</LocationUri>
       -->
       <Agency>
          <LongName xml:lang="en">OASIS Universal Business Language</LongName>
          <Identifier>UBL</Identifier>
       </Agency>
    </Identification>

I can answer any questions on the committee mail list or during the
teleconferences.  I may have updates to it after working with it on
the qualified data types project, but I wanted to get this draft up
for discussion early.

--
Possible July/August XSLT/XQuery/XSL-FO training in Oakland/CA/USA
Male Cancer Awareness Nov'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc