ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 8 July 2009

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
WEDNESDAY 8 JULY 2009

ATTENDANCE

    Jon Bosak (chair)
    Tony Coates
    Mike Grimley
    Anne Hendry

STANDING ITEMS

    Additions to the calendar:
       http://ubl.xml.org/events

       None.

    Review of Pacific call minutes

       No comments.

SCHEDULE REVIEW

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200906/msg00026.html

    See Pacific call minutes.

UBL 2.0 NDR IMPLEMENTATION GUIDE

    MG: Have put up general headings and a page for "mixed
    content"; BH has put up a page for UBL extensions.  There is
    more here than just guidance -- there are also comments on the
    existing NDRs.

    JB: It looks like we'll be gathering a number of different
    kinds of items:

     - (Further) explanations/examples of the NDRs themselves; this
       is material for the 2.1 NDR

     - Explanations of what's meant in terms of automatic testing
       (for implementers of QoD tools)

     - Identification of the NDRs that apply only to UBL and should
       not be implemented outside of UBL

     - Identification of the NDRs that strictly speaking apply only
       to UBL but can usefully be adapted to other projects (e.g.,
       namespace rules)

     - Identification of NDRs (e.g., prohibition of mixed content)
       that do apply to other projects in similar problem domains
       (DB, transactional) but not to projects in some other
       problem domains (e.g., publishing).

     - Where a rule can be generalized, a statement of the
       principles that guided our development of it

    AGREED that we will try to include all of these in our initial
    canvass, but will keep them for now in loose subject categories
    and wait until later to put them into the categories outlined
    above (so, for example, we will keep all items related to UBL
    extension on the same wiki page for now).

    AH: We need to distinguish rules that are testable from those
    that are not.  See definitions:

       http://www.unisoft.com/glossary.html

    Also a discussion of the concept of testability:

       http://www.truthpizza.org/logic/testabil.htm

    Note that there is an OASIS TC for test assertions:

       http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=tag

    AGREED on the following rough order of work:

     - Identify large subject groups and form links to wiki pages

     - Under each subject heading, list the NDRs that should be
       included by matching on one or more of the categories listed
       above

     - Decide how to proceed once we can see what needs to be
       covered

    For next week: discuss simple format guidelines (e.g., bold for
    rule and roman for comment or vice versa).

2009 TC MEETING SCHEDULE

    17-21 August 2009 in Montréal, colocated with Balisage the
    previous week (http://www.balisage.net/).

    Adding AH to the agenda in the Pacific minutes:

       Planning to attend in person: JB, GKH, MC, MG; AH and ZR
       possible.

       Planning to attend by phone: TM, PLB, AS, BH, TonyC.

       Agenda and work assignments (confirmed participants):

          Complete UBL 2.0 NDR and prepare for publication (JB, MC,
          MG; GKH on call for formatting help)

          Complete UBL 2.0 Guidelines for Customization, including
          comment review (JB, MC, MG, plus remote participants in
          plenary)

          Test schema generation (GKH, TonyC)

          Review initial UBL 2.1 documentation (all)

          Review data models (TM, AS, AH, PLB)

    8-12 February 2010 in Copenhagen, colocated with a PEPPOL
    conference 10-11 February.  TM to chair.

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

    Week of 13 Jul 2009: Regular schedule
    Week of 20 Jul 2009: Regular schedule
    Week of 27 Jul 2009: Regular schedule
    Week of 03 Aug 2009: Regular schedule

    MG: Will not be available for the next two calls.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC