ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Further SGTG explorations - some new revelations

Hello Ken,

it seems this is the latest available at CEFACT D09A:

http://www.unece.org/uncefact/data/standard/CoreComponentType_2p0.xsd

By the way this is the D09A full page:
http://www.unece.org/cefact/xml_schemas/index.htm#2009A

P.S. Are we adopting all new codelists from D09A ?

Roberto

---
G. Ken Holman ha scritto:
7.0.1.0.2.20091218122058.025fcbb8@CraneSoftwrights.com" type="cite">Hi folks!

I am reviewing and polishing the SGTG strategy document based on valuable feedback and introspection triggered by Fulya's review (thank you, Fulya!).

In my work today, I have unveiled another possibility of working with the new UBL unqualified data types in conjunction with the existing UN/CEFACT schema fragments.

If you recall from the current issue of the strategy:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=34338

... I am currently mechanically deriving a version of the UN/CEFACT unqualified data type schema fragment in order to remove the code lists, and then I add in the absent supplementary components we need by using the UBL unqualified data type schema.

Today in my work I found in our existing UBL 2.0 delivery directory a UN/CEFACT published schema that appears to be both without code lists and with supplementary components that we need (I cannot fathom how I missed this in the first go-around, other than I was too focused on the UBL 2.0 use of the UN/CEFACT UDT module):

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.0/xsd/common/CCTS_CCT_SchemaModule-2.0.xsd

... but it seems incomplete in that it doesn't have Name Type and Graphic Type (perhaps others).

It has the following metadata in the comments:

<!-- ====================================================================== -->
<!-- ===== CCTS Core Component Type Schema Module ===== -->
<!-- ====================================================================== -->
<!--
   Module of Core Component Type
   Agency: UN/CEFACT
   VersionID: 1.1
   Last change: 14 January 2005

Does anyone know where I can find a more up-to-date version of this schema fragment?  It might have the missing types with their respective supplementary components.

I haven't taken the time to look at this in detail because I'll have to do it again if we find a more up-to-date version of this schema.  But my initial thought is that with an updated version of this fragment our UBL 2.1 schemas can be published without any mechanical processing of the UN/CEFACT schemas.

If it is on the page http://www.unece.org/cefact/xml_schemas/index.htm then I cannot recognize it by its filename.  I don't know if the filename we used in our UBL package is at all related to the official file name as published by UN/CEFACT.

If no-one here knows where to find an updated version of this schema, then I'll ask the AGT-2 folks (is that the appropriate channel to ask for official releases of schema fragments?) ... I just wanted to see if anyone here can help me first.

Also, I hope every has a wonderful holiday and a happy new year!

. . . . . . . . . . . . Ken

--
UBL and Code List training:      Copenhagen, Denmark 2010-02-08/10
XSLT/XQuery/XPath training after http://XMLPrague.cz 2010-03-15/19

Nessun virus nel messaggio in arrivo. Controllato da AVG - www.avg.com Versione: 8.5.427 / Database dei virus: 270.14.113/2573 - Data di rilascio: 12/18/09 07:35:00

--

JAVEST by Roberto Cisternino

* Document Engineering Services Ltd. - Alliance Member * UBL Italian Localization SubCommittee (ITLSC), co-Chair * UBL Online Community editorial board member (ubl.xml.org) * Italian UBL Advisor

Roberto Cisternino

mobile: +39 328 2148123
skype: roberto.cisternino.ubl-itlsc
[UBL Technical Committee] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl
[UBL Online Community] http://ubl.xml.org
[UBL International Conferences] http://www.ublconference.org
[UBL Italian Localization Subcommittee] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl-itlsc
[Iniziativa divulgativa UBL Italia] http://www.ubl-italia.org
PPlease consider the environment before printing this email.