ubl message

Subject: [Announce] Free RELAX-NG resource for editing/validating UBL 2.0 and draft UBL 2.1 schemas

I'm pleased to announce another free UBL-related resource is
available on Crane's web site:  RELAX-NG compact syntax schemas for
editing and validating instances of UBL 2.0 and draft UBL 2.1 schemas:

     http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/resources/ubl/#ublrnc

This uses James Clark's Trang utility plus some massaging:  the
presence of the optional UBLVersionID attribute is obliged to have
the value "2.0" or "2.1", which then in turn ensures the remainder of
the instance conforms to that version of the document model.  The
documentation illustrates a simple example of this.  Your editing
environment points to a single schema and all versions of that
document type are automatically accommodated accordingly.

I created this resource because I use James Clark's nXML
RELAX-NG-schema-aware major mode editing environment for the infamous
Emacs editor.  These should work just as well in any
RELAX-NG-schema-aware environment such as oXygen.

I will try to keep this environment up to date with all releases by
the UBL SGTG of draft UBL 2.1 schemas.

Please let me know off list if you have any questions or suggestions.

Thanks!

cc: UBL TC, UBL-Dev

--
XSLT/XQuery training:         San Carlos, California 2010-04-26/30
Principles of XSLT for XQuery Writers: San Francisco,CA 2010-05-03