ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 12 May 2010

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
WEDNESDAY 12 MAY 2010

ATTENDANCE

    Kenneth Bengtsson
    Jon Bosak (chair)
    Tony Coates
    Betty Harvey
    G. Ken Holman
    Zarella Rendon
    Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

    Additions to the calendar:
       http://ubl.xml.org/events

       None.

    Review of Pacific call minutes

       None this week.

UBL 2.1 SCHEMAS

    GKH: There has been an update to one of the freight documents;
    new snapshot will be out shortly.

UBL 2.1 SAMPLE INSTANCES

    GKH: Three new instances have been received from Audun.  Now in
    the process of removing unused/irrelevant namespace
    declarations (e.g., CCTS namespaces) that have no use in
    instances.

    During a brief discussion of automatic instance generation, BH
    reported that Oxygen allows the generation of instances that
    contain only mandatory elements and also allows levels of
    recursion to be specified.

UBL 2.1 CODE LISTS

    See
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201005/msg00000.html

    GKH: The first statement is correct; in UBL 2.1, schemas have
    no code list enumerations.  Regarding 2:

    2) For the TC perspective there are only two kind of code
       lists: Those we recommend for usage, and those we don't know
       of or are agreed on a different level, including bilateral
       agreements.

    GKH: The first category should be "those we include in the
    distribution val directory", because we're not necessarily
    recommending these lists for use.  [Operationally,] the two
    code list categories are: 1. those engaged by XSLT in the val
    directory, and 2. an additional set that people might want to
    add to the default value check; but in neither case are code
    lists in 2.1 part of schema validation.  This is why 2.1 has
    two categories rather than three: the CEFACT lists formerly
    embedded in the schemas are now included with the others.

    JB: So there is no change to the directory structure already
    adopted, just input for the documentation.

       AGREED to leave out the word "recommend" from the eventual
       writeup and revisit the draft wording in the PRD1 review.

    Regarding statement 3:

    3) For all code values the TC will try to provide value
       examples to give the user an idea of what is meant for this
       element.

       AGREED that this would pose a serious resource challenge,
       but we will revisit in PRD2.

UBL 2.1 DOCUMENTATION

    JB: Still waiting draft from TM.  ACTION: JB to ping TM to
    confirm that not all doc is in yet.

UBL 2 XADES PROFILE

    Status.

       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-security/201005/msg00000.html
       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-security/201005/msg00011.html

    JB: We're OK with this if the final draft is received next
    week.

NDR CHECK

    BH: No change, hope to get to it this week.

NDR 2.1

    Tracking item: we will have to review the NDR 2.1 checklist to
    look for possible differences between the present rules and the
    ones arrived at in Montreal.

       JB: MC is trying to set this up with MG.

UBL 2.0 IDD VOL. 2 (PORTUGUESE)

    KB: Catalog docs received from Jose; will talk to him next
    week.

2010 UBL TC F2F MEETING SCHEDULE

    9-13 August 2010 (the week following Balisage 2010) in
    Montreal: http://www.balisage.net/

    KB: Propose that we hold both the February 2011 TC meeting and
    a UBL International Conference in Lima.  The Peruvian Internal
    Revenue Service are almost ready to introduce eInvoicing; Peru
    will be the first adoption of UBL as a de jure standard in this
    region.  The IRS and the Prime Minister's office have offered
    to host.

       AGREED to tentatively schedule the February 2011 TC meeting
       and UBL International Conference in Lima.

       ACTION: GKH and KB to arrange a meeting with Mikkel Brun to
       begin discussing the conference.

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

    Added June through August:

    Week of 2010.05.17 Regular schedule
    Week of 2010.05.24 Regular schedule
    Week of 2010.05.31 Regular schedule
    Week of 2010.06.07 Regular schedule
    Week of 2010.06.14 Regular schedule
    Week of 2010.06.21 Regular schedule
    Week of 2010.06.28 Regular schedule
    Week of 2010.07.05 Regular schedule
    Week of 2010.07.12 Regular schedule
    Week of 2010.07.19 Regular schedule
    Week of 2010.07.26 Regular schedule
    Week of 2010.08.02 >>> NO MEETINGS <<<
    Week of 2010.08.09 TC MEETING IN MONTREAL
    Week of 2010.08.16 >>> NO MEETINGS <<<

    Known absences:

       AS: 2 June, 14 July

       TonyC: 19 May, 23 June

       JB: Will need to cancel one week in June or July, but don't
       know which one yet.

OTHER BUSINESS

    GKH: Revised OASIS DocBook templates now ready; UBL will be
    the first test case.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC

TRACKING ITEMS

    UBL 2.0 NDR IMPLEMENTATION GUIDE WIKI

       http://wiki.oasis-open.org/ubl/NDR_2.0_Implementation_Guide

       On hold till after F2F in Copenhagen.

    CCTS 2.01 DMR

       ACTION (6/30): TM to circulate a draft CCTS 2.01 DMR to the
       TC for review.

       Pending.