ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Backward compatibility sanity check with 2010-05-12 18:48z document models

Hi Ken,

please, see my comments in lines ... there are some pending questions.

Il 15/05/2010 16:21, G. Ken Holman ha scritto:
7.0.1.0.2.20100515100523.024ccc30@CraneSoftwrights.com" type="cite">Hi all!

I finally found the time to finish the programmatic analytical comparison of UBL 2.1 models with UBL 2.0 models as a sanity check and I found five errors that must be addressed before we go to our first public review draft, as these are errors that prevent backward compatibility (which we promise and require).  Once we address these, then I think, hand on heart, I can claim the new UBL 2.1 schemas are fully backward compatible with UBL 2.0 schemas.  I hope other committee members can prove me right or wrong, and if wrong, I'll address it.

The set of five problems includes the one I tripped over last week regarding Request for Quotation.

The summary is below, showing the old cardinality and the new cardinality.  Where the old cardinality is zero, a new items is being introduced and must be made optional (in both cases they are incorrectly set as mandatory).  Where the new cardinality is blank, the old UBL 2.0 item has been dropped out of the new UBL 2.1 models and must be restored.

I also checked the sequence order of all UBL 2.0 ABIEs in the UBL 2.1 ABIEs and I find errors only in the three ABIE's that have missing items reported in the first pass.  So it looks like nothing was inadvertently rearranged, only some items were inadvertently dropped.

Please let me know if you have any questions.  I won't try to create schemas until these five issues are addressed as these are, I believe, preventing us from going to the first public review.

. . . . . . . . . . . Ken

7.0.1.0.2.20100515100523.024ccc30@CraneSoftwrights.com" type="cite">Cardinalities found in error: 5
"Catalogue Deletion. Effective Date. Date" old= 0 new= 1
Done; cardinality changed for 0..1

7.0.1.0.2.20100515100523.024ccc30@CraneSoftwrights.com" type="cite">"Consignment. Transport_ Contract. Contract" old= 0..1 new=
The problem here is that in UBL 2.0 there was ASBIE to "Contract" qualified as "Transport" ... and also in my latest version of spreadsheets (submitted in Copenhagen meeting) is that. So this ASBIE changed for TransportContract ASBIE ... but I don't know when and the reason ... in the issue list this change is not tracked.

So, I have removed the TransportContract.TransportContract  ASBIE and added again the Transport_Contract.Contract with cardinality 0..1. Can you confirm that it is right? My doubt is that both ASBIEs must be present in Consignment.

7.0.1.0.2.20100515100523.024ccc30@CraneSoftwrights.com" type="cite">"Despatch Advice. Document Status Code. Code" old= 0..1 new=
Done

7.0.1.0.2.20100515100523.024ccc30@CraneSoftwrights.com" type="cite">"Package. Goods Item" old= 0..n new=
The problem here is that the "GoodsItem" has been qualified as "Contained" ... this change was in spreadsheets I submitted in Copenhagen, but it is not in the issue list ... may be it comes from tsc. How do we resolve it?

7.0.1.0.2.20100515100523.024ccc30@CraneSoftwrights.com" type="cite">"Request For Quotation. Submission Due Date. Date" old= 0 new= 1

Done
7.0.1.0.2.20100515100523.024ccc30@CraneSoftwrights.com" type="cite">

Sequences found in error: 3
"Consignment":
  Old order:
   1 Consignment. Details
   2 Consignment. Identifier
   3 Consignment. Summary_ Description. Text
   4 Consignment. Total_ Invoice Amount. Amount
   5 Consignment. Declared Customs_ Value. Amount
   6 Consignment. Tariff Description. Text
   7 Consignment. Tariff Code. Code
   8 Consignment. Insurance Premium Amount. Amount
   9 Consignment. Gross_ Weight. Measure
   10 Consignment. Net_ Weight. Measure
   11 Consignment. Net Net_ Weight. Measure
   12 Consignment. Chargeable_ Weight. Measure
   13 Consignment. Gross_ Volume. Measure
   14 Consignment. Net_ Volume. Measure
   15 Consignment. Loading_ Length. Measure
   16 Consignment. Remarks. Text
   17 Consignment. Hazardous Risk_ Indicator. Indicator
   18 Consignment. Consignee_ Party. Party
   19 Consignment. Exporter_ Party. Party
   20 Consignment. Consignor_ Party. Party
   21 Consignment. Importer_ Party. Party
   22 Consignment. Carrier_ Party. Party
   23 Consignment. Freight Forwarder_ Party. Party
   24 Consignment. Notify_ Party. Party
   25 Consignment. Original Despatch_ Party. Party
   26 Consignment. Final Delivery_ Party. Party
   27 Consignment. Original Departure_ Country. Country
   28 Consignment. Final Destination_ Country. Country
   29 Consignment. Transit_ Country. Country
  *30 Consignment. Transport_ Contract. Contract
  *31 Consignment. Original Despatch_ Transportation Service. Transportation Service
  *32 Consignment. Final Delivery_ Transportation Service. Transportation Service
  *33 Consignment. Delivery Terms
  *34 Consignment. Payment Terms
  *35 Consignment. Freight_ Allowance Charge. Allowance Charge

  New order (not including newly-introduced optional constructs):
[...]
  *30 Consignment. Original Despatch_ Transportation Service. Transportation Service
  *31 Consignment. Final Delivery_ Transportation Service. Transportation Service
  *32 Consignment. Delivery Terms
  *33 Consignment. Payment Terms
  *34 Consignment. Freight_ Allowance Charge. Allowance Charge

Now it should be ok ... please remind the previous question related to "Transport_ Contract. Contract"

7.0.1.0.2.20100515100523.024ccc30@CraneSoftwrights.com" type="cite">
"Despatch Advice":
  Old order:
   1 Despatch Advice. Details
   2 Despatch Advice. UBL Version Identifier. Identifier
   3 Despatch Advice. Customization Identifier. Identifier
   4 Despatch Advice. Profile Identifier. Identifier
   5 Despatch Advice. Identifier
   6 Despatch Advice. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   7 Despatch Advice. UUID. Identifier
   8 Despatch Advice. Issue Date. Date
   9 Despatch Advice. Issue Time. Time
  *10 Despatch Advice. Document Status Code. Code
  *11 Despatch Advice. Despatch Advice Type Code. Code
  *12 Despatch Advice. Note. Text
  *13 Despatch Advice. Line Count. Numeric
  *14 Despatch Advice. Order Reference
  *15 Despatch Advice. Additional_ Document Reference. Document Reference
  *16 Despatch Advice. Signature
  *17 Despatch Advice. Despatch_ Supplier Party. Supplier Party
  *18 Despatch Advice. Delivery_ Customer Party. Customer Party
  *19 Despatch Advice. Buyer_ Customer Party. Customer Party
  *20 Despatch Advice. Seller_ Supplier Party. Supplier Party
  *21 Despatch Advice. Originator_ Customer Party. Customer Party
  *22 Despatch Advice. Shipment
  *23 Despatch Advice. Despatch Line

  New order (not including newly-introduced optional constructs):
   1 Despatch Advice. Details
   2 Despatch Advice. UBL Version Identifier. Identifier
   3 Despatch Advice. Customization Identifier. Identifier
   4 Despatch Advice. Profile Identifier. Identifier
   5 Despatch Advice. Identifier
   6 Despatch Advice. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   7 Despatch Advice. UUID. Identifier
   8 Despatch Advice. Issue Date. Date
   9 Despatch Advice. Issue Time. Time
  *10 Despatch Advice. Despatch Advice Type Code. Code
  *11 Despatch Advice. Note. Text
  *12 Despatch Advice. Line Count. Numeric
  *13 Despatch Advice. Order Reference
  *14 Despatch Advice. Additional_ Document Reference. Document Reference
  *15 Despatch Advice. Signature
  *16 Despatch Advice. Despatch_ Supplier Party. Supplier Party
  *17 Despatch Advice. Delivery_ Customer Party. Customer Party
  *18 Despatch Advice. Buyer_ Customer Party. Customer Party
  *19 Despatch Advice. Seller_ Supplier Party. Supplier Party
  *20 Despatch Advice. Originator_ Customer Party. Customer Party
  *21 Despatch Advice. Shipment
  *22 Despatch Advice. Despatch Line

Now it should be ok.

7.0.1.0.2.20100515100523.024ccc30@CraneSoftwrights.com" type="cite">
"Package":
  Old order:
   1 Package. Details
   2 Package. Identifier
   3 Package. Quantity
   4 Package. Returnable Material_ Indicator. Indicator
   5 Package. Package Level Code. Code
   6 Package. Packaging Type Code. Code
   7 Package. Packing Material. Text
   8 Package. Contained_ Package. Package
  *9 Package. Goods Item
  *10 Package. Measurement_ Dimension. Dimension
  *11 Package. Delivery Unit

  New order (not including newly-introduced optional constructs):
   1 Package. Details
   2 Package. Identifier
   3 Package. Quantity
   4 Package. Returnable Material_ Indicator. Indicator
   5 Package. Package Level Code. Code
   6 Package. Packaging Type Code. Code
   7 Package. Packing Material. Text
   8 Package. Contained_ Package. Package
  *9 Package. Measurement_ Dimension. Dimension
  *10 Package. Delivery Unit

Please, remind the problem related to the new qualification for "Goods Item".

Further question : the TransportationExecutionStatus has still "InPreparation" status ... is someone working on it?

I am waiting for your feedback about pending questions.

Best regards

Arianna

7.0.1.0.2.20100515100523.024ccc30@CraneSoftwrights.com" type="cite">
--