ubl message

Subject: Alternative: [ubl] Newly detected backward compatibility error - TransportContract

Hello,

as an additional alternative I would suggest to use some additional CCTS
annotations while keeping a generic meaning for the Contract.

1)
<ccts:AlternativeBusinessTerms>Providing diverse additional meanings
spesific for transport or other domains</ccts:AlternativeBusinessTerms>

2)
<ccts:Examples>Provising one or more examples (transport and
others)</ccts:Examples>

Hope this helps.

Roberto

> The cac:Contract in the cac library should provide a more generic
> definition for the nomination period.
>
> Also the definition of the NominationPeriod is not complete as it is just
> explaining the begin of the period and not the end (I believe is the
> transport completation)
>
> Anyway I start thinking there is an overlapping between the ValidityPeriod
> and the NominationPeriod.
>
> So by interpreting the definition provided:
> "The nomination period is the period in which the transport user has to
> book the transport service before the transport should begin."
>
> In other words:
> If the transport user do not book the transport service within the period
> the contract is not valid ?
>
> This seems to be exactly a validity period.
>
> While the nomination period concept is more generally associated to
> nomination of candidates (e.g. assignment of a contract or sub-contract)
> Into this case the period would be different from a validity.
>
> At the end I believe that nomination period is not the right naming for
> the actual intentions and meaning (validity seems to be more appropriate)
>
> I hope I have been clear enough with my English... :)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Roberto
>

>> Hi Ken,
>>
>> according to the last decision of TSC, I implemented the option (A).
>>
>> So, to summarize now we have:
>>
>> Consignment. Transport_ Contract. Contract
>>
>> where "Contract" class is as follows:
>>     1 ID
>>     2 IssueDate
>>     3 IssueTime
>>     4 ContractTypeCode
>>     5 ContractType
>>   *6 Note
>>     7 ValidityPeriod
>>     8 ContractDocumentReference
>> * 9 NominationPeriod
>> *10 ContractualDelivery
>>
>> (*added in UBL 2.1)
>>
>> The definitions related to ASBIE 9 and 10 are:
>>
>> NominationPeriod: An association to Period. The nomination period is the
>> period in which the transport user has to book the transport service
>> before the transport should begin.
>>
>> ContractualDelivery: An association to Delivery.
>>
>> I am asking if these definitions should be modified in order to specify
>> that these ASBIEs should be used only in transport context.
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Arianna
>>

>> Il 23/07/2010 15:55, Jon Bosak
begin_of_the_skype_highlighting     end_of_the_skype_highlighting ha
scritto:
>>> Hello Arianna,
>>>
>>> I'm leaning toward solution A also, but with no real understanding
>>> of why the new items were felt to be necessary.
>>>
>>> As decided in this week's Atlantic TC call, however, the decision
>>> will be made by the UBL Transport Subcommittee (TSC).  We are
>>> expecting that decision at next week's meeting.
>>>
>>> Jon

begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              +39 328
2148123      end_of_the_skype_highlighting