ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 26 July 2010

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
MONDAY 26 JULY 2010

This was the last Pacific call until we return to our regular
schedule the week of 23 August.

ATTENDANCE

    Jon Bosak (chair)
    G. Ken Holman
    Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

    Additions to the calendar:
       http://ubl.xml.org/events

       AS: ISO TC154 meeting in Geneva 27 August hosted by IATA.

    Review of Atlantic call minutes

       No comments.

UBL 2.1 PRODUCTION

    AS: Audun concurs with GKH's option A.  [In a Tuesday morning
    phone call, TM agrees.]

    GKH: Roberto's point is persuasive:

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201007/msg00035.html

    In light of his observation that these information entities are
    useful in non-transport-related contexts, the proposed solution
    of adding these items to the common library contract is the way
    to go.

       AGREED pending review in the Atlantic call that we accept
       Option A and request Arianna to effect these changes if they
       are accepted by the Atlantic call participants.

2010 UBL TC F2F MEETING SCHEDULE

    9-13 August 2010 (the week following Balisage 2010) in
    Montreal: http://www.balisage.net/

       JB: It is now clear that finishing PRD1 will be the main
       agenda item for Montreal.

          ACTION: JB to prepare detailed agenda following the
          Atlantic call.  It appears that there will be parallel
          work sessions (Transport and editorial) Tuesday and
          Wednesday morning of the meeting.

    February 2011: Lima, Peru (under discussion)

    May 2011: Ankara, Turkey (under discussion)

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

    Week of 2010.07.26 Regular schedule
    Week of 2010.08.02 >>> NO MEETINGS <<<
    Week of 2010.08.09 TC MEETING IN MONTREAL
    Week of 2010.08.16 >>> NO MEETINGS <<<

    Pending discussion of the call schedule in the Atlantic
    meeting, Pacific call participants are available as follows for
    August and September:

    23 Aug: missing AS
    30 Aug: all OK
    06 Sep: meeting possible (Labor Day in U.S. and Canada)
    13 Sep: all OK
    20 Sep: no GKH
    27 Sep: all OK

Jon Bosak