ubl message

Subject: New problem detected with the spreadsheets

Hi folks,

In my continued testing tonight I found another problem with the
spreadsheets.  I then modified the model checker and determined there
are 24 occurrences of such a problem.

It turns out there are 24 examples of "Object Class" column values
with an extraneous space at the end of the value.  For someone
working with the spreadsheet content, this is a problem (as it turned
out for me when my HTML reports were inconsistent).

Some column values are allowed to have extraneous spaces because they
are prose values and not significant values:  Examples, Definition,
Editor's Notes and Changes from Previous Version ... so I omitted the
checking of these values after I saw there were hundreds of them.

However, looking at all of the other column values the 24 faulty
values all happen to be in the Object Class column and not in any other column.

This is, I believe, a value specification/export issue in eDoCreator
and so I have copied that team on this note for them to address in
their software.

Meanwhile, I'm posting this to the TC to make sure we decide if this
is a show-stopper or note for PRD1.  It is something that I tripped
over in my work, so others might as well ... it is a self-consistency
problem (for example, the Associated Object Class value "Certificate"
will not point to the object class "Certificate " until the object
class is repaired to be the value "Certificate").

--
XSLT/XQuery training:   after http://XMLPrague.cz 2011-03-28/04-01
Vote for your XML training:   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/i/