ubl message

Subject: Crane resources to help review SGTG schemas for PRD1

Fellow UBL TC members,

I've created two resources to help me review the SGTG schemas that
have been created for PRD1, and you may find these resources helpful
as well in your review.

These are RELAX-NG schemas that simultaneously support editing
instances of UBL 2.0 or SGTG UBL 2.1 W3C schemas (excepting the
extension point):

   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/resources/ubl/index.htm#ublrnc

Included are the necessary configuration files for the nXML major
mode of Emacs for editing of UBL instances with real-time on-the-fly
validation of your data entry.  Any editor offering real-time
on-the-fly validation of RELAX-NG will also work.  There is one
particular schema file that is the amalgam of both versions of all 60
document types, useful for either validation or real-time editing of
a UBL instance of any document type by referencing only a single root schema.

These are HTML reports of all of the business objects of SGTG UBL 2.1
spreadsheets:

   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/resources/ubl/index.htm#ubl21modelreport

During the Montreal meeting I demonstrated the use of these reports
in analyzing the available business objects when deciding which
element next to edit under the watchful eye of the on-the-fly
validation.  With the editor in one window and the HTML report in
another window, the tabular section of the HTML report guides the
user by highlighting in bold face which ABIE children are mandatory
(other children are optional).  Select columns of the spreadsheet are
included to help one decide what to add next.  Andy and I were
quickly able to use these tools to create some test instances with
real-time validation.

There are 61 reports:  one that includes all 60 document types in a
single HTML report, and 60 individual HTML reports of each document
type.  What is interesting about the individual reports is that I've
elided all business objects that are not somehow included in that
particular document type.  This effectively hides the clutter of
seeing the entire UBL library when the entire library doesn't apply
to the one document.  For example, there are no auction item business
objects in the TransportationStatus HTML report because nowhere in
the complete TransportationStatus model are any of the auction items
directly or indirectly referenced.

The HTML report also includes "where used back links" for each ABIE
and for each unqualified data type.  It also includes all of the
supplementary components for each data type.  And, again, in the
individual reports it only lists the data types that are actually
used somewhere in the document type.  You should have everything you
need in that report to be guided in creating a UBL instance.

I'm trying to make these resources as useful as possible.  They have
certainly helped in my test work.  If anyone has any suggestions on
how to improve on these, please let me know.  I'm looking for
feedback on improving documentation and adding features.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

p.s. if you subscribe to our RSS feed linked from the above pages in
the top right corner of the web page, you'll be notified of updates
to these resources.

--
XSLT/XQuery training:   after http://XMLPrague.cz 2011-03-28/04-01
Vote for your XML training:   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/i/