ubl message

Subject: Sanity check: UBL 2.1 PRD1 release candidate

Hello UBL TC,

I promised you a 2.1 PRD1 release candidate today, and here it is:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/39273/UBL-2.1-PRD1-20100909.zip

I'd like to consider this a sanity check, but a possible schema
issue has turned up.

Naming and Design Rules ELD12, ELD13, and ELD14 (see page 122 of
UBL-2.1.pdf) read as follows:

    ELD12

       The UBL Extensions element MUST be declared as the first
       child of the document element with xsd:minOccurs="0".

    ELD13

       The UBLProfileID element MUST be declared immediately
       following the UBL Extensions element with xsd:minOccurs="0".

    ELD14

       The UBLSubsetID element MUST be declared immediately
       following the UBLProfileID element with xsd:minOccurs="0".

VER15 is relevant, too:

    VER15

       Every UBL document schema MUST declare an optional element
       named UBLVersionID immediately following the optional UBL
       Extensions element.

Ken Holman has pointed out that Naming and Design Rule ELD14
should refer to CustomizationID, not UBLSubsetID.  But it looks
like there's another problem here as well.  ELD13 says that
UBLExtensions must be immediately followed by UBLProfileID, but
VER15 says that UBLExtensions (ignore the extra space for now, we
can fix that) must be immediately followed by UBLVersionID.

Here's a fragment of the declarations from an xsdrt file chosen at
random (DespatchAdvice, as it happens):

    <xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" ref="ext:UBLExtensions"/>
    <xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" ref="cbc:UBLVersionID"/>
    <xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" ref="cbc:CustomizationID"/>
    <xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" ref="cbc:ProfileID"/>
    <xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" ref="cbc:ProfileExecutionID"/>

Is the order shown in the snippet above correct?  (I think it is.)
If so, then there are a couple of issues here for resolution by
the NDR editors in PRD2, and they can join some other less
important NDR issues that need to be dealt with as well.  If the
order shown above is not correct, then we have a schema problem
that must be resolved before we can release PRD1.

There are two actions here for the TC:

  - Please confirm that the order shown in the sample above is
    correct and that the problems we've identified are to be
    resolved by editing the NDRs.

  - Please unpack and review the release candidate linked above.
    You have about 48 hours to let me know whether you see any
    showstoppers before I ask for a default ballot on moving this
    to public review.

Jon

Changes to the UBL 2.1 documentation since the last version was
posted to the TC:

Replaced chapter 5 with a new version dated 28 August from GKH.

Replaced art/UBL-2.1-SchemaDependencies.png and
art/UBL-2.1-SpreadsheetRealization.png with new versions from GKH.

Corrected HTML rendition of code literal (increased font size).

Changed version URIs to the following:

    This Version:
      http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/prd1-UBL-2.1/UBL.html
      http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/prd1-UBL-2.1/UBL.pdf
      http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/prd1-UBL-2.1/UBL.xml (Authoritative)
    Previous Version:
      http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.0/UBL-2.0.html
      http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.0/UBL-2.0.pdf
      http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.0/UBL-2.0.xml
    Latest Version:
      http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/UBL/UBL.html
      http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/UBL/UBL.pdf
      http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/UBL/UBL.xml (Authoritative)

Removed references to uml directory and class diagrams.

Removed entry in 1.1.1 for "Class diagram", because there are no
class diagrams.  (We will have to restore this in PRD2.)

Removed entry in 1.1.1 for "Spreadsheet model", because that term
is not used in the text.  Moved content of this definition to
"Assembly model".

Removed entry in 1.1.1 for "Context," because the definition
doesn't add anything.

Corrected wrong version of graphic for figure C.2.

Changed

    The default code list values assumed by the UBL 2.1
    specification are included in a file named
    <code>UBL-2.1-DefaultDTQ.xsl</code> located in the
    <code>val</code> directory, as described in more detail below.

    The default code list values assumed by the UBL 2.1
    specification are expressed as data type qualifications in a
    file named <code>UBL-2.1-DefaultDTQ.xsl</code> located in the
    <code>val</code> directory, as described in more detail below.

Revised language under "UBL 2.1 document models" to clarify the
role of eDoCreator.

Unzipped Crane reports (Crane-UBL21Reports-EN-20100830-2100z.zip)
into the mod directory and referenced them from the text.  Built
conversion scripts to shorten and regularize the file names.

Created a new directory "rnc" and copied
Crane-UBL-rnc-20100830-2050z.zip into it.

Replaced the former ASN.1 appendix with a new appendix titled
"Alternative Representations of the UBL 2.1 Schemas" having two
sections, one for ASN.1 and one for RELAX NG.

Added reference to new chapter 5 and revised dependency figure in
section "Extension Content Schemas".

Revised section on UBL Data Model; added the EA project file to
the package and added a reference to the UBL classes in the EA
project file.

Edited new Chapter 5.

Made several minor wording edits as suggested by GKH.

In appendix D, added a table of UBL unqualified data types (table
D.2, provided by GKH) to accompany the table of CCTS unqualified
data types.

Section 3.2.2 CCTS_CCT_SchemaModule: included edit from GKH.

Section 3.2.2 UnqualifiedDataTypes: included edit from GKH.

Section 3.2.2 QualifiedDataTypes: included edit from GKH.

Section 3.2.4 ExtensionContentDatatype: changed to
ExtensionContentDataType (capital "T") plus other edits from GKH.

Added new section 3.2.5 "Signature Extension Schemas" per GKH.

Section 3.3: Added para from GKH following the diagram.

Added acknowledgements for SRDC, OSS Nokalva, and Crane
Softwrights.

Added exception for materials used by permission to the OASIS
copyright notice.