ubl message

Subject: defining location and/or bounded areas [was Re: SV: [ubl-psc] Statusof issues raised in November 2010]

In the message linked to below, Carl points to a description of GML in wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geography_Markup_Language

Reading there about the "Simple Features" profile, I searched the OGC site and came to:
http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards
to find the 'Simple Features' profile (see link down in left navigation panel).
Must do a click-through agreement to view the spec.
Being a very visually oriented person I started on page 23.  :)
I think the geospatial elements in this document address the most recent discussion I heard in UBL around defining bounded areas.

I focus on this spec because it was the one most recently discussed (and approved for OASIS use) in the Emergency Management TC and was completed at the end of last year, so is fairly recent:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/emergency/201101/msg00026.html

Perhaps the PSC/TSC folks who are most interested in defining bounded areas can take a look at this and decide if it is useful for UBL purposes.

If not, there are certainly enough other specs at that top level web site to look through! ;)

Best,
-Anne