ubl message

Subject: Fwd: Nomination for position of Vice Chair within the UN/CEFACT Bureau.

Please note below my application for nomination to be a Vice-Chair of UN/CEFACT.  Nominations will be vetted at the CEFACT Plenary July 7-8. I would appreciate any lobbying for support through your national Head of Delegation, as listed at ...

http://www.unece.org/cefact/forum_grps/Secretariat/HoDList.html

For example:
Canada    Mr. Cory OLISHANSKY    Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 15:13:10 +0800
From: Tim McGrath <tim.mcgrath@documentengineeringservices.com>
To: Ken.Gordon@dfat.gov.au
CC: Brian.Stonebridge@finance.gov.au, Gareth.Meyer@dfat.gov.au, Richard.Emerson-Elliott@dfat.gov.au, Scott.Wallace@finance.gov.au, Stephen.Dietz@dfat.gov.au, Susannah.Patton@dfat.gov.au

I wish to advise that I would like to be nominated for the position of a Plenary Bureau Vice-Chair within the revised UN/CEFACT organization.

Specifically, I consider my value to the project lies in the area of Supply Chain Programme Development Area.  However, my background also qualifies me for the leadership of the Bureau Programme Support group.

I have read and understood the Duties and Responsibilities and believe I have the required Competencies and Skills and Experience.  I attach my Resume as evidence of this. Furthermore, I am prepared to commit to this role for the required period, up to 3 years.

I see this role as an opportunity to bring to the UN/CEFACT work environment the work of a successful eBusiness standards activity, the OASIS UBL Technical Committee and the experiences of a large scale multi-national implementation through the European Commission’s PEPPOL project (Pan European eProcurement Online).

My pragmatic and practical view on these matters has driven me to engage in UN/CEFACT's ‘The Way Forward’ vision.  In this capacity I led the Priority Stakeholder Messages team within the eBGT initiative and more recently have participated in the Bureau’s Implementation Transition Team (ITT).  This work has exposed me not only to the challenges but also the opportunities for taking the work of UN/CEFACT forward into the next generation of eBusiness standards for trade facilitation.

I understand that these nominations will be considered at the forthcoming UN/CEFACT Plenary in Geneva.  Please let me know if I can support my nomination further.

begin:vcard
fn:Tim McGrath
n:McGrath;Tim
org:Document Engineering Services