ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 30 November 2011

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING WEDNESDAY 30 NOVEMBER 2011

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   G. Ken Holman

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ubl.xml.org/events

      None.

   Review of Pacific call minutes

      No comments.

NDR WORK

   GKH: A new checker for NDR rules has been posted:

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201111/msg00020.html

   This tool lays the groundwork for determining which rules are still
   relevant and which may no longer be needed.

   Question: Is the document in progress "UBL 2.1 NDR" or "UBL NDR 2.1"?

   We observe that the 2.0 version was titled "UBL 2.0 Naming and Design
   Rules", and the same form has been used for early references to 2.1.

      AGREED that we should continue to follow precedent and call the
      version under construction "UBL 2.1 Naming and Design Rules."

BUSINESS DOCUMENT ENVELOPE TASK GROUP

   No news this week.

UBL 2.1 PRD3 PSC DELIVERABLES

   No news this week.

UBL 2.1 PRD3 TSC DELIVERABLES

   See Pacific call for status.

SPREADSHEET ISSUES FOR CONTENT SCs

   See

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201111/msg00017.html
   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201111/msg00018.html
   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201111/msg00019.html

   Arianna has dealt with the broken DENs:

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201111/msg00023.html

   Work remaining to be done:

    - Providing missing definitions -> PSC and TSC

         ACTION: JB to contact PSC and TSC.

    - Correcting absent apostrophes: this is purely editorial and should
      be a mechanical change, but apparently it will have to be done in
      eDoCreator.

         ACTION: JB to contact Arianna.

    - Same for superfluous newlines in definitions.

         ACTION: JB to contact Arianna.

UBL 2.1 PRD2 COMMENT DISPOSITION

   See

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-comment/201109/msg00000.html
   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-comment/201109/msg00001.html
   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-comment/201109/msg00002.html
   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-comment/201109/msg00003.html

   From this week's Pacific call:

   /======================================================================
   | AGREED that the only substantive comments received through the
   | ubl-comment facility regarding PRD2 were contained in msg00002.html
   | from Mr. João Rodrigues Frade, representing the e-PRIOR project of
   | the European Commission.  These comments were as follows:
   |
   |    Comment on UBL-DocumentStatus
   |     - The DocumentResponse element should be 0 or 1. If the requested
   |       document does not exist, then no document response will be
   |       returned.
   |
   |    Comment on UBL-Receipt Advice and UBL-Despatch Advice
   |     - UBL-ReceiptAdvice-2.1 and UBL-DespatchAdvice-2.1, UBL should
   |       provide a message which enables the sender of these messages to
   |       cancel them (once they have been sent). This is quite common in
   |       real life.
   |
   | We need dispositions of these comments from PSC and (in the case of
   | the second comment) from TSC.
   \======================================================================

   Regarding the first comment, we observe that changing the cardinality
   of DocumentResponse from 1 to 0..1 (i.e., making it optional) does
   not break backward compatibility, and there is thus no formal reason
   not to make the change.

   These issues have already been referred to PSC in a message of 26
   September 2011:

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-psc/201109/msg00013.html

      AGREED to request a report on this from PSC and also from TSC with
      regard to the second comment.

      ACTION: JB to contact the PSC and TSC.

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

   Week of 2011.12.05 Regular schedule
   Week of 2011.12.12 Regular schedule
   Week of 2011.12.19 Regular schedule
   Week of 2011.12.26 *** CANCELED ***
   Week of 2012.01.02 Regular schedule

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC

TRACKING ITEMS

   NDR CHECK (NIST TOOL)

      On hold while working on NDR revision.

   UBL 2.1 NDR ILLUSTRATIONS

   UBL 2.0 NDR IMPLEMENTATION GUIDE WIKI

      http://wiki.oasis-open.org/ubl/NDR_2.0_Implementation_Guide

   CCTS 2.01 DMR

      ACTION (2009.06.30): TM to circulate a draft CCTS 2.01 DMR
      to the TC for review.

      Pending.