ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 7 December 2011

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING WEDNESDAY 7 DECEMBER 2011

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ubl.xml.org/events

      None.

   Review of Pacific call minutes

      No comments.

NDR WORK

   Nothing new this week; GKH seems to be doing most of the work.

BUSINESS DOCUMENT ENVELOPE TASK GROUP

   No news this week.

UBL 2.1 PRD3 PSC DELIVERABLES

   No news this week.

UBL 2.1 PRD3 TSC DELIVERABLES

   AS: Have had email exchanges working on the unified transport status
   request, but have not been able to schedule the meeting yet.

SPREADSHEET ISSUES FOR CONTENT SCs

   See

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201111/msg00017.html
   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201111/msg00018.html
   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201111/msg00019.html

   From last week's minutes:

   /=======================================================================
   | Arianna has dealt with the broken DENs:
   |
   | http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201111/msg00023.html
   |
   | Work remaining to be done:
   |
   |  - Providing missing definitions -> PSC and TSC
   |
   |       ACTION: JB to contact PSC and TSC.
   |
   |  - Correcting absent apostrophes: this is purely editorial and should
   |    be a mechanical change, but apparently it will have to be done in
   |    eDoCreator.
   |
   |       ACTION: JB to contact Arianna.
   |
   |  - Same for superfluous newlines in definitions.
   |
   |       ACTION: JB to contact Arianna.
   \=======================================================================

   JB: Held off on contacting Arianna because spreadsheet revision now
   appears to tie in with the following issue (definitions) with regard
   to workflow.  It would appear to be best to do all the changes at
   once.  For further discussion next week.

BIE DEFINITIONS

   See discussion in the Pacific call minutes and list of current ASBIE
   definitions attached to the Pacific call agenda:

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201112/msg00001.html

   It appears that we will need to review all of the definitions and
   revise or redo about half of them before we can release PRD3.  We
   need to confirm this and then discuss workflow and scheduling.

   JB: Earlier I said that the list of ASBIE definitions was a mixture
   of two different types; it now appears that there are actually four
   kinds of definitions mixed together:

      "An association to Payment Means" -- vacuous repetition of
      information in the Associated Object Class column

      "An associative reference to Credit Note" -- the same thing using
      an alternative form of expression

      "The time where an appeal can be presented" -- an actual
      definition

      "An association that describes any catalogue items that may be
      components of this Item" -- an attempt at an actual definition
      ("any catalogue items that may be components of this Item") that
      mistakenly uses the form of the vacuous ones

   AS: The mixture is unacceptable. We need to take the time to get this
   right.

   AGREED that we need to revise the definitions before release of PRD3.

   AGREED that this is a job for the content SCs.

   ACTION: JB to ask SCs for a timeline.

UBL 2.1 PRD2 COMMENT DISPOSITION

   See

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-comment/201109/msg00002.html

   From last week's minutes:

   /=======================================================================
   | Regarding the first comment, we observe that changing the cardinality
   | of DocumentResponse from 1 to 0..1 (i.e., making it optional) does
   | not break backward compatibility, and there is thus no formal reason
   | not to make the change.
   |
   | These issues have already been referred to PSC in a message of 26
   | September 2011:
   |
   | http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-psc/201109/msg00013.html
   |
   |    AGREED to request a report on this from PSC and also from TSC with
   |    regard to the second comment.
   |
   |    ACTION: JB to contact the PSC and TSC.
   \=======================================================================

   JB: A message has been sent to the PSC and TSC.

   AS (speaking for TSC): With regard to the second comment
   ("UBL-ReceiptAdvice-2.1 and UBL-DespatchAdvice-2.1, UBL should
   provide a message which enables the sender of these messages to
   cancel them (once they have been sent). This is quite common in real
   life"), a question for PSC: What is the practice now with canceled
   invoices, for example?  Isn't this done at a procedural level?  We
   could define a cancellation document, but this is probably not the
   practice in transportation; more likely the procedure would be to
   send another shipping notice.  Do we need cancellation notices for
   all things or just these two things?  Maybe we need to address this
   in business rules rather than through another document type; but we
   need to know what PSC thinks of this.

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

   Week of 2011.12.12 Regular schedule
   Week of 2011.12.19 Regular schedule
   Week of 2011.12.26 *** CANCELED ***
   Week of 2012.01.02 Regular schedule

OTHER BUSINESS

   CARDINALITY OF SUPPLEMENTAL COMPONENTS IN UBL UNQUALIFIED DATA TYPES

      See

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201112/msg00005.html

      This will be on the agenda of next week's TC calls.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC

TRACKING ITEMS

   NDR CHECK (NIST TOOL)

      On hold while working on NDR revision.

   UBL 2.1 NDR ILLUSTRATIONS

   UBL 2.0 NDR IMPLEMENTATION GUIDE WIKI

      http://wiki.oasis-open.org/ubl/NDR_2.0_Implementation_Guide

   CCTS 2.01 DMR

      ACTION (2009.06.30): TM to circulate a draft CCTS 2.01 DMR
      to the TC for review.

      Pending.