ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Re: Office 2010 and UBL 2.0 Attachments

Roberto,

Just a couple of quick notes on your response.

At 2011-12-14 17:23 +0100, Roberto Cisternino wrote:
the UBL 2.0 code list includes MIME types related to file formats and not
their versions (version is not described with MIME)

Any Office XML file can be attached using an application/xml or test/xml
MIME type.

I think this isn't true because an Office file is in ZIP format, with the XML packaged inside of that ZIP.

So it doesn't matter what Microsoft XML Schema has been used on a Word XML
instance:

http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/word/2003/wordml
http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/word/2006/wordml

Classic Office documents are supported by MIME like:

application/vnd.ms-excel
application/vnd.ms-word

Any Word document can be associated with an "application/vnd.ms-word" MIME
type.

Looking at the code list for 2.0 in the UBL 2.1 PRD2 package:

  http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/prd2-UBL-2.1/cva/UBL-DefaultDTQ-2.1.html#d4e1

... I see the entry for Word is actually:

  application/msword

... whereas you are correct that the entry for Excel is:

  application/vnd.ms-excel

Thank you for pointing out the version-independent nature of MIME types ... I did not realize this was the case.

Free 5-hour video lecture: XSLT/XPath 1.0 & 2.0 http://ude.my/t37DVX
Crane Softwrights Ltd.            http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/
G. Ken Holman                   mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com