ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 10 April 2012

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING TUESDAY 10 APRIL 2012

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   G. Ken Holman
   Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ubl.xml.org/events

      None.

   Review of Atlantic call minutes

      No comments.

BUSINESS DOCUMENT ENVELOPE TASK GROUP

   No news this week.

UBL 2.1 PRD3 PSC DELIVERABLES

   There appear to be two outstanding items remaining:

   1. There are still questions pending regarding party roles for
      Fulfilment Cancellation:

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-psc/201204/msg00000.html

      Disposition of this item remains with PSC.

   2. We have received requests for several NEW items:

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-psc/201204/msg00001.html

      Following is a quick assessment from the TC level as input back to
      PSC.

      "1) Change cardinality for status in Response to 0..*"

          See

          http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/prd2-UBL-2.1/mod/summary/reports/UBL-AllDocuments-2.1.html#t-CommonLibrary-1581

          This is a change from 0..1 to 0..many.

          The change is backward compatible with 2.0 but not reversible
          in 2.2.  Is there a good reason for this?  If so, what is it?

      "2) Add InventoryReportLine->InventoryLocation (0..1)
          (Definition. Specifies where the go)"

          This adds an optional item.

          The change is backward compatible with 2.0 but not reversible
          in 2.2.  Is there a good reason for this?  If so, what is it?

      "3) How to exchange contact information? Should we have a party"

          Incomplete sentence; we don't know what this means.

      "4) Add TaxTotal on lineItem"

          This is presumably the addition of an optional element.

          The change is backward compatible with 2.0 but not reversible
          in 2.2.  Is there a good reason for this?  If so, what is it?

      "5) Better calculation model on line level."

          UBL does not define calculation models.  This is not a change
          to our models or schemas and therefore needs no action from
          us.

      "6) Add OrderLineReference til LineItem"

          This is presumably the addition of an optional element.

          The change is backward compatible with 2.0 but not reversible
          in 2.2.  Is there a good reason for this?  If so, what is it?

      The final three are for consideration in 2.2:

      "7) Suggestion for new documenttype: PickingListRequest (next
          version)"

      "8) Suggestion for new documenttype: FulfillmentOrder (next
          version)" [this should be "FulfilmentOrder"]

      "9) Suggestion for a new documenttype: Catalouge Response with
          updates of buyer IDs (next version)"

   AGREED that items 1-6 appear to be innocuous, but they need more
   discussion in the PSC to determine that the changes are necessary and
   provide a motivation for each.  It would be helpful to have this done
   in time for the Wednesday 11 April Atlantic TC call.

UBL 2.1 PRD3 TSC DELIVERABLES

   AS: We think we're done with prose and illustrations.  Will confirm
   that all new items have been entered in eDoCreator.

   GKH: Followed up on code lists for TSC.  Audun will be helping GKH
   finish the set in a couple of weeks.  This will not affect the
   schemas.

      AGREED to omit references to specific code values in the process
      descriptions.

REVIEW/REWRITE OF THE DATA DICTIONARY (DEFINITIONS)

   This is becoming a gating item.

SGTG DELIVERABLES

   GKH: Waiting eDoCreator finalization.  The proposed new PSC changes
   have yet to be approved and entered.  The next SGTG build will
   probably not include revised definitions; this will not affect test
   implementation of the schemas.

UBL 2.1 PRD3 HUBDOC

   JB: Last TSC revision to graphics remains to be incorporated.
   Otherwise, waiting completion of various items referenced above.

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

   It looks at this point like we will have a regular meeting schedule
   in May.

   Week of 2012.04.09 Regular schedule
   Week of 2012.04.16 Regular schedule (KB unable to attend)
   Week of 2012.04.23 Regular schedule
   Week of 2012.04.30 Regular schedule
   Week of 2012.05.07 Regular schedule
   Week of 2012.05.14 Regular schedule
   Week of 2012.05.21 Regular schedule
   Week of 2012.05.28 Regular schedule

   Andy Schoka will be in Melbourne 12-30 April and available only by
   email.  GKH will be traveling in May and may only be available for
   Atlantic calls.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC