ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Data type qualification code lists for UBL 2.1

Just to close the loop on this. We discussed it on the PSC call yesterday.

The TaxScheme.ID and TaxScheme.Name are possibly poorly named, but there are no specific code lists for these. tred5305 and 5153 do not cover the requirements (we think 5305 is actually UK HMRC VAT codes). Most tax regimes issue these independently and change them quite frequently - they are localised. Some are not true codes either - just names.

In short, we found it simpler to refer to them as IDs not Codes - and this is now well established in the user community. So i propose we leave it as-is.

Also, i dont think there is a barrier to implementers using the code list validation against an ID element if they wish to.