ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Prefixes and English in UBL names

I don't understand the problem; as far as I know, none of our NDRs
prohibit camel case in DENs.  Is there a prohibition of camel case in
CCTS?

Jon

G. Ken Holman wrote:
In my work with the common library today I see that again transportation rows have been added to the common library taht are incorrectly using camel-case words:

[java] UBL-CommonLibrary-2.1 Row 1119 (Notification Requirement. PostEventNotificationDuration. Measure): [java] Malformed dictionary entry name "Notification Requirement. PostEventNotificationDuration. Measure" because of the presence of camel case [GNR2]. [java] UBL-CommonLibrary-2.1 Row 1120 (Notification Requirement. PreEventNotificationDuration. Measure): [java] Malformed dictionary entry name "Notification Requirement. PreEventNotificationDuration. Measure" because of the presence of camel case [GNR2]. [java] UBL-CommonLibrary-2.1 Row 2137 (Transportation Service. NonSupported_ Transport Equipment. Transport Equipment): [java] Malformed dictionary entry name "Transportation Service. NonSupported_ Transport Equipment. Transport Equipment" because of the presence of camel case [GNR2]. [java] UBL-CommonLibrary-2.1 Row 2140 (Transportation Service. NonSupported_ Commodity Classification. Commodity Classification): [java] Malformed dictionary entry name "Transportation Service. NonSupported_ Commodity Classification. Commodity Classification" because of the presence of camel case [GNR2].

However, if we split up "PreEvent..." into "Pre Event ..." and NonSupported..." into "Non Supported" then we violate the use of the English language with the non-English "Pre" and "Non".

Hyphens are not allowed in names and both are examples of using prefixes with acceptable words.

That "Post" is a word is coincidence when using the prefix "post-event".

I do not have a suggestion for what to do about this but something needs to be done. Either new names have to be devised or we have to special case prefixes with respect to the rule regarding English.

Please advise.

--
Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL and code list classes in Europe -- Oct 2012
Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm