ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 31 October 2012 16:00UTC

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC TELECONFERENCE WEDNESDAY 31 OCTOBER 2012 16:00UTC

ATTENDANCE

   Kenneth Bengtsson
   Kees Duvekot
   G. Ken Holman (convener)

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ubl.xml.org/events

   Review of Pacific call minutes
      https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201210/msg00003.html

   Review of Atlantic call minutes
      https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201208/msg00024.html
      (meeting cancelled)

   Membership status review
      https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=ubl
      https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl/members/roster.php
      (please note items in the Pacific call minutes)

      The online record of membership appears up-to-date, but not voting
      status.  GKH has corresponded with OASIS TC Admin for guidance.

      GKH noted that many active TC members do not have voting status.  It
      would help if more members could become voting members by attending
      the minuted weekly meetings.  Note section 2.4.4 of the OASIS process:

      https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#membership

      ... which requires attendance at two consecutive meetings (after an
      absence) and not missing two consecutive meetings (after attending)
      in order to obtain and maintain voting member status.

      If we are more active on the TC mail list we can keep meetings short
      and hopefully boost attendance.  Pretty soon we will start voting on
      new packages (for example, UBL 2.1 PRD03) and we need voting members
      on the roll.  Please make more of an effort to attend the calls.

UBL 2.1 PRD3 DEFINITION REVIEW

   Still waiting for definitions from PSC and TSC.

   GKH will incorporate new definitions into the SGTG deliverables once
   received.

UBL 2.1 PRD3 HUBDOC

   GKH is implementing the production environment in BSD Unix from Jon's
   Windows production environment.  When complete, the documentation can
   be produced for posting to the list for review.

   The actual posting, however, will await edits on additions to the
   introduction and a new appendix for review by the membership.  GKH's
   straw-man version is being reviewed by Tim McGrath and Andy Schoka.

UBL 2.1 PRD3 Model

   Arianna Brutti has indicated in private correspondence that the changes
   agreed upon in Barcelona off-line should be up-to-date in the database
   soon.

   GKH will create a new SGTG package to post for review by the membership
   as soon as possible after Arianna's work is completed.

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

   Proposed during Pacific call, and accepted in the Atlantic call:

     New Pacific call date/time:  Wednesdays 01:00UTC
     New Atlantic call date/time: Wednesdays 17:00UTC

   (Note the Pacific call takes place Tuesday evenings west of the Atlantic)

   Week of 2012-11-05 - New schedule established.
   Week of 2012-11-12 - New regular schedule.

OTHER BUSINESS

   None.

Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm
Crane Softwrights Ltd.            http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/