ubl message

Subject: UBL 2.1 hub document sanity check 1

Fellow UBL TC members,

I've undertaken from Jon the production of the UBL 2.1 hub document. I've been porting his Windows publishing scripts to my BSD environment and I've gone through the motions to produce a PDF. I've also (with unexpected great effort) been able to create in my environment new diagrams that have the same properties of the diagrams that Jon has slaved over in his environment.

I don't have the same tools, nor could I perform all of the steps Jon performed due to the limitations of the tools that I have. Please report any problems you have reading the PDF file. If there are none, then I'm assuming the missing steps (e.g. font manipulation) are not material. If you have multiple platforms on which you can read the PDF, please check them all for us.

Please find "sanity check 1" of CS03/PRD03 here:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=47370
   (Note the PDF file is 8Mb in size and takes a while to download)

THIS VERSION IS NOT COMPLETE!  THE HYPERLINKS TO THE FILES ARE NOT COMPLETE!

But the text should be complete. This is a chance for committee members to review the text in parallel with PSC and TSC finishing up their work. Per the minutes, we should be able to generate schemas and files by the end of next week. At that point I'll be able to post a hub document with satisfied hyperlinks.

Please take from your time to review the sections and annexes. The editors have been working for months to produce this version.

Of particular note, please check Annex J Acknowledgements for the proper presentation of your name and affiliation. Jon created this list from membership records. A number of the entries look out of date regarding affiliation. Because this is important, I'm going to send a second message highlighting this action item for all members. I'm also going to review with OASIS TC Administration the validity of including some of these entries.

Please contact me with any changes either to the body and annexes of the specification, or to the entries in the Acknowledgements Annex.

Thank you for your feedback! This is an important sanity check review. Please attend meetings to get your voting status and to monitor the release of CS03/PRD03.

Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm
Crane Softwrights Ltd.            http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/
G. Ken Holman                   mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com