ubl message

Subject: FW: [ubl] Anticipated list of code list files for UBL 2.1

Hi Ken, list

Following up the Industry Classification Code vs Party Code question should we include both these as BBIEs in Party?

From a TSC perspective it would be relevant to specify which role a party has, for example if a Transport Service Provider is a forwarder or a carrier, or if a Transport User (the party booking the transport service) is a consignor or consignee. For such a purpose I think the UNECE PartyRoleCode list would fit well. We could also name the BBIE PartyRoleCode. This in addition to describing the industry an actor operates within using the Industry Classification Code.

Regards,
Audun

-----Original Message-----
From: Audun Vennesland
Sent: 19. november 2012 11:52
To: 'G. Ken Holman'; Universal Business Language

Hi Ken,

I see there is a typo in "special-purpose/TrhesholdValueComparisonCode-2.1.gc".

As far as I can see all the TSC codes are present.

To answer some of the questions (from my point of view):
Yes, we can use the BinaryObjectMimeCode list for the FormatCode BBIE.

Can you use "ISO/IEC 5218:2004 Codes for the representation of human sexes" for GenderCode? This is freely available from ISO.

Agree that PartyCode is a better name than IndustryClassificationCode.

Best regards,
Audun