ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Unexpected data type qualifications in the latest document model

At 2013-01-09 09:33 +0100, Oriol Bausà Peris wrote:
Yes, I see that the metadata are misaligned, and yes, there is no canonical URI strings in the PDF file. I'll ask Jostein about this... there is a need for a fixed URL to place these potential Genericode files, and I think this is not there yet.

Yes, there are a number of URIs:

 Canonical URI - identifies the code list regardless of its version
 Canonical Version URI - identifies a specific version of the code list
 Location URI - indicates where the given code list genericode file is found
 Alternate Format Location URI - indicates where non-genericode versions of
                                 the code list can be found (repeatable)

Note, also, that BII (or perhaps CEN?) should be identified as the agency responsible for the code list. The <Identifier> value for the agency is an entry from this code list (though "OASIS" isn't on the list so for UBL lists we just say "UBL"):

     http://www.unece.org/trade/untdid/d11a/tred/tred3055.htm

I note that entry "2" is for "Commission of the European Communities" (as is 140, 141, 142 and 162!).

Here is what I'm proposing we use in UBL 2.1 for the Allowance Charge Reason code list:

   <Identification>
      <ShortName>AllowanceChargeReasonCode</ShortName>
      <LongName xml:lang="en">Allowance Charge Reason Code</LongName>
      <LongName Identifier="listID">UN/ECE 3155</LongName>
      <Version>D10B</Version>
      <CanonicalUri>urn:un:unece:uncefact:codelist:standard:UNECE:AllowanceChargeReasonCode</CanonicalUri>
      <CanonicalVersionUri>urn:un:unece:uncefact:codelist:standard:UNECE:AllowanceChargeReasonCode:D10B</CanonicalVersionUri>
      <LocationUri>http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.1/cl/gc/default/AllowanceChargeReasonCode-2.1.gc</LocationUri>
      <AlternateFormatLocationUri MimeType="text/xml"
>http://www.unece.org/fileadmin/DAM/uncefact/codelist/standard/UNECE_AllowanceChargeReasonCode_D10B.xsd</AlternateFormatLocationUri>
      <Agency>
<LongName xml:lang="en">United Nations Economic Commission for Europe</LongName>
         <Identifier>6</Identifier>
      </Agency>
   </Identification>

Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm