ubl message

Subject: First preview of upcoming draft 3 of public review draft 3 of UBL 2.1

Please find a preview of the upcoming distribution here ... it is a 50Mb ZIP file expanding into 464Mb of content:

  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=48041

This is a preview of the third draft of PRD3.

There is a lot wrong in this preview distribution, but you can still check everything else:

 - the models are corrupted due to a problem in the database, thus
   the XSD files are not robust (nor are the equivalent RNC files)
   - as a consequence, not all of the example instances validate, but
     the problem is not with the instances
   - in fact, anything with Consignment would likely fail for now
 - the "old/new" comparisons in the documentation are not up-to-date
   (these are generated and will be refreshed when the models are
   correct)
 - the ASN.1 files in the directory are those from UBL 2.0 as
   placebos (we can't ask for them to be created until the models
   are clean)
 - the UML files in the directory are placebos (they can't be created
   until the models are clean, and we will even wait until PRD3 is done)
 - UBL-2.1-CPFR-CreatingSalesForecast.png has not been updated to include
   the ItemInformationRequest document per:
   https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201301/msg00064.html
 - the name of this release is "PRD3D3", rather than the upcoming PRD3
 - there is one bad link in the HTML that will be fixed when I rename
   mod/summary/Reports.html to be mod/summary/readme-Reports.html
 - there are two bad links in the HTML that are being removed from the
   hub document because they point to legacy files in the val/ directory
 - the XML hub document does not auto format in an Internet Explorer
   browser window due to a missing file that will be in the next preview

I will create another preview of the upcoming distribution when the problems above get fixed, at which point I'll ask Paul for some ASN.1 files.

I have gone through the motions as if this were the creation of the voting document (which it isn't!). If you have any questions about any of the files, please let me know so that we can uncover any problems before we do any voting.

Thank you for taking the time to do a thorough review. I worry that a lot of little things may have been overlooked.

Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm
Crane Softwrights Ltd.            http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/
G. Ken Holman                   mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com