ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] text elements

At 2013-02-18 16:21 -0500, Jon Bosak wrote:
Regarding this sentence in 4.4:

   All natural language text elements in UBL are repeatable within some
   container; for example, all Note elements are repeatable as adjacent
   siblings under a common parent.

Did "all" become "most" after that last round of discussion about Value,
Name, and Type text elements?

I don't think so. The examples cited in that discussion were determined not to be prose ... they were not expected to contain natural language text.

And since we don't formally associate prose with any given representation term, this is loosey-goosey: if trading partners think that a given field is prose, but they don't have the ability to express multiple languages, then either they stick to one language or they use something else.

I think we are safe by describing it in terms of the concept and not tying it to any particular constructs. But I welcome the opinion of others as well.

--
Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL and code list classes in Europe -- Apr 2013 |
Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm |