ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 25 September 2013 14:00UTC

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC TELECONFERENCE WEDNESDAY 25 SEPTEMBER 2013 14:00UTC

ATTENDANCE

Atlantic teleconference:
   Oriol Bausà
   Peter Borresen
   Kees Duvekot
   G. Ken Holman (convener)
   Tim McGrath
   Andy Schoka

Regrets received:

   Kenneth Bengtsson

Pacific teleconference attendance:
   G. Ken Holman (convener)
   Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ubl.xml.org/events
       - UN/CEFACT 22nd Forum 2013-10-14/18
         http://www.unece.org/index.php?id=33036
      Note (but not added to calendar):
        Andy attending ISO/TC204 working group and plenary: 2013-10-07/11
        Ken and Andy attending ISO/TC154 plenary: 2013-10-25

   Review of Pacific call minutes
      https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201309/msg00005.html

   Review of Atlantic call minutes
      https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201309/msg00003.html

   Membership status review
      https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#membership
      https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=ubl
      https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl/members/roster.php?num_items=80

      - voting status is determined by the following:
        - existing voting members must not miss two consecutive meetings to
          maintain voting status
        - non-voting members must attend two consecutive meetings to obtain
          voting status
      - what can we do to recruit more volunteers to the TC to share
        in the work?

UBL 2.1 Status

   - 60-day public review underway, ending 15 October 2013 23:59UTC:

     http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201308/msg00000.html

   - no comments about the review yet posted:

     http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-comment/

   - we need TC members to help voting representatives of OASIS be aware of
     the upcoming vote for UBL 2.1 in November 2013

UBL 2.1 UML and ASN.1 Committee Notes

   - Committee Note 01 for both specifications are published

     http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/UBL-2.1-ASN.1/v1.0/cn01/UBL-2.1-ASN.1-v1.0-cn01.html
     http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/UBL-2.1-UML/v1.0/cn01/UBL-2.1-UML-v1.0-cn01.html

   - we need to create Committee Note 02 for both with the finalized
     document models from UBL 2.1 Committee Specification 1
   - the revised ASN.1 files have been posted by Paul Thorpe (with thanks!)

     http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-comment/201309/msg00000.html

     - can someone on the TC with the appropriate ASN.1 tools please work
       with these schemas and the example instances from our distribution
       to give some quick review of this material, please?
     - suggestion that we unzip the package and have the schemas in clear
       text for citation
     - add installation instructions and use historical subdirectories so
       that the notes can be installed on top of a distribution

UBL 2.1 Release Time-line

   Status of the time-line

    - http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#OASISstandard
    - OASIS runs a 60-day public review ending
    - UBL TC prepares a disposition of comments
    - OASIS conducts a membership-wide ballot - 14 days
    - OASIS may conduct a membership-wide ballot to address negative
      comments
    - OASIS approves UBL 2.1 as an OASIS standard

UBL TC next steps

    - what administrative issues need to be addressed?
    - what technical issues need to be addressed?
      - committee notes (note above)
    - what promotional issues need to be addressed?
      - UBL 2 is an organic thing that can be grown
      - what do we do for implementation support?
      - should we write a companion document of how to use the specification?
      - industry-specific documentation?
      - make it easier to find what is relevant without changing the actual
        specification
      - what about updating the International Data Dictionary?
        - who can we find to help with this?
      - Multi-stakeholder Forum on ICT Standardization
        - addressing commission's new more open policy on open standards
          including OASIS, W3C, IETF, etc.
        - this could include sanctioning of UBL as a standard for use in
          Europe
        - Tim to follow up with Jaimie
    - what subject matter issues need to be addressed?
      - communications with outsourcing warehouses
      - more transportation co-ordination issues
      - communications with transportation regulatory organizations

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

   Proposed to continue with our regular times:

     Pacific call date/time:  Wednesdays 00:00UTC
     Atlantic call date/time: Wednesdays 14:00UTC

   (Note the Pacific call takes place Tuesday evenings west of the
    Atlantic Ocean)

   Next meeting:

     2013-10-16 - 00:00UTC and 14:00UTC
     2013-10-23 - 00:00UTC and 14:00UTC
     2013-10-30 - 00:00UTC and 15:00UTC (after time change in Europe*)
     2013-11-06 - 01:00UTC and 15:00UTC (after time change in North America)
     2013-11-13 - 01:00UTC and 15:00UTC
     2013-11-20 - 01:00UTC and 15:00UTC

     (* for North American callers, the Atlantic call is at 11:00EST for the
        one day, October 30 only, and then goes back to 10:00EST as usual;
        for European callers, the time does not change from 16:00CEDT/CEST)

   Will anyone be requesting a leave of absence in the near future?  For
   privacy reasons, this discussion will be kept off of the minutes.

   TC calendar:
   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/calendar.php?wg_abbrev=ubl

   TC calendar iCal subscription link:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup_feeds/ical/my_vcalendar.ics?token=fa658a7994a6cefb10c10be09e139af3&workgroup_id=50

OTHER BUSINESS

    None

--
Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL & code list classes: Melbourne, AU May 2014 |
Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm |