ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 20 November 2013 01:00UTC - voting meeting

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC TELECONFERENCE WEDNESDAY 20 November 01:00UTC - voting meeting

ATTENDANCE

   Kenneth Bengtsson
   G. Ken Holman (convener)
   Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      - none

   Review of Atlantic call minutes
      https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201311/msg00008.html

   Review of Pacific call minutes
      https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201311/msg00006.html

   Membership status review
      https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#membership
      https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=ubl
      https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl/members/roster.php?num_items=80

      - voting status is determined by the following:
        - existing voting members must not miss two consecutive meetings to
          maintain voting status
        - non-voting members must attend two consecutive meetings to obtain
          voting status
      - what can we do to recruit more volunteers to the TC to share
        in the work?

    UBL Technical Committee Officers

    AGREED (pending Atlantic call): the new slate of officers for the UBL TC
                                    is proposed to be as follows:

                                    Tim McGrath - Co-chair
                                    G. Ken Holman - Co-chair
                                    Jon Bosak - Secretary

     Background:
      - Jon Bosak has asked to step down as a TC Co-chair
      - G. Ken Holman has volunteered to be a TC Co-chair
      - Zarella Rendon has asked to step down as Secretary
      - Jon Bosak has volunteered to be Secretary
      - per TC Process 2.7, a Full Majority Vote of the TC
        must be held in order to confirm the changes in
        officers

UBL 2.1 Status

   - the committee voted in a Special Majority Vote to approve submit
     UBL v2.1 OASIS Standard to ISO/IET JTC 1 via the PAS (Publicly
     Available Specification) Transposition Process and submitting
     the request to the OASIS Board President:

      https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl/ballot.php?id=2539

   - the committee's request is summarized here:

      https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201311/msg00011.html

   - per the process 3.b. the OASIS President has 15 days to confirm the
     completeness of the request before either returning it to the TC or
     inviting OASIS Member comment (not member vote) for 30 days:

      https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/liaison#submitwork

UBL TC next steps

    - what promotional issues need to be addressed?
      - UBL 2 is an organic thing that can be grown
      - what do we do for implementation support?
      - should we write a companion document of how to use the specification?
      - industry-specific documentation?
      - make it easier to find what is relevant without changing the actual
        specification
      - what about updating the International Data Dictionary?
        - who can we find to help with this?
      - Multi-stakeholder Forum on ICT Standardization
        - addressing commission's new more open policy on open standards
          including OASIS, W3C, IETF, etc.
        - this could include sanctioning of UBL as a standard for use in
          Europe
    - what subject matter issues need to be addressed?
      - communications with outsourcing warehouses
      - more transportation co-ordination issues
      - communications with transportation regulatory organizations
    - what technical issues need to be addressed?
      - are any schema changes needed?
      - at the least we need to publish the NDR as soon as possible
    - what educational materials need to be made available?
    - how about another UBL International conference in order to
      promote the release of UBL 2.1?  Can anyone host this conference?
      http://ublconference.com or http://ublconference.org

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

   Our regular UTC times are now shifted due to daylight savings time changes,
   but note that the local time on the clock is unchanged from before:

     Pacific call date/time:  Wednesdays 01:00UTC
     Atlantic call date/time: Wednesdays 15:00UTC

    (Note the Pacific call takes place Tuesday evenings west of the
     Atlantic Ocean)

   Next meetings:

     2013-11-20 - Atlantic call - delayed to 15:30UTC one time only
     2013-12-04 - 01:00UTC and 15:00UTC
     2013-12-11 - 01:00UTC and 15:00UTC
     2013-12-18 - 01:00UTC and 15:00UTC

   Will anyone be requesting a leave of absence in the near future?  For
   privacy reasons, this discussion will be kept off of the minutes.

   TC calendar:
   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/calendar.php?wg_abbrev=ubl

   TC calendar iCal subscription link:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup_feeds/ical/my_vcalendar.ics?token=fa658a7994a6cefb10c10be09e139af3&workgroup_id=50

OTHER BUSINESS

   None

--
Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL & code list classes: Melbourne, AU May 2014 |
Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm |