Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 8 January 2014 01:00UTC
|MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC TELECONFERENCE WEDNESDAY 8 JANUARY 2014 01:00UTC|
Tim McGrath (convener)
Additions to the calendar:
Review of Atlantic call minutes
Review of Pacific call minutes
Membership status review
- voting status is determined by the following:
- existing voting members must not miss two consecutive meetings to
maintain voting status
- non-voting members must attend two consecutive meetings to obtain
- current voting member list (alphabetical):
- Oriol Bausa
- Kenneth Bengtsson
- Jon Bosak (secretary)
- Kees Duvekot
- G. Ken Holman (co-chair)
- Ole Madsen
- Tim McGrath (co-chair)
- Andy Schoka (TSC chair)
- what can we do to recruit more volunteers to the TC to share
in the work?
UBL 2.1 Status
- member review of the proposed submission of UBL 2.1 to ISO/IEC JTC 1
began 3 December 2013:
- the process underway is described here, with the next step being
step 3(c) starting after January 1 (the end of the member review
- no comments have been received by OASIS.
- in 15 days OASIS will prepare an Explanatory Report to explain to the submission
- when we have agreed on the Explanatory Report it will be submitted to ISO (along with Reference Explanation Reports for any normative specifications used in UBL 2.1 that are not dejure standards) and the canonical version of UBL 2.1 specifications (to be decided by the TC).
- ISO will start the ballot at their discretion (possibly1-3 months).
- we expect a ballot period of 5 months.
- balloting will be from all JTC 1 Participating members.
- neither JTC 1 SC 32 or the UBL TC are involved in this process.
- if negative votes are received then a JTC 1 SC 32 Ballot Resolution Meeting will be called to deal with these.
- a slide show explaining the purpose of this activity is available at:
UBL TC next steps
- what promotional issues need to be addressed?
- UBL 2 is an organic thing that can be grown
- what do we do for implementation support?
- should we write a companion document of how to use the specification?
- industry-specific documentation?
- make it easier to find what is relevant without changing the actual
- what about updating the International Data Dictionary?
- who can we find to help with this?
- how about another UBL International conference in order to
promote the release of UBL 2.1? Can anyone host this conference?
http://ublconference.com or http://ublconference.org
- perhaps an event in North America and in Europe in Q1/2'2014
- maybe Washington DC and Brussels
- perhaps an event in China in Q3/4'2014
- can any member suggest an event suitable for co-location
- how about a Twitter feed of UBL adoption and announcements
- Multi-stakeholder Forum - European ICT Standardization
- Danish proposal to have UBL 2.1 recognized as a European Standard
was discussed at the meeting December 5, 2013
- a panel is to be established to review the submission
- this approach should be coordinated with the submission to ISO/IEC JTC1
- what subject matter issues need to be addressed?
- communications with outsourcing warehouses
- which new process flows need existing or new documents?
- Kees solicited interest from others, such as perhaps
members of the TSC since outsourced warehouses are of
interest to freight and transportation companies
- more transportation co-ordination issues
- communications with transportation regulatory organizations
- what technical issues need to be addressed?
- are any schema changes needed?
- at the least we need to publish the NDR as soon as possible
- what educational materials need to be made available?
- how about YouTube videos regarding access to the UBL package?
TC CONCALL SCHEDULE
Our regular UTC times are now shifted due to daylight savings time changes,
but note that the local time on the clock is unchanged from before:
Pacific call date/time: Wednesdays 01:00UTC
Atlantic call date/time: Wednesdays 15:00UTC
(Note the Pacific call takes place Tuesday evenings west of the
Suggestions for January and February:
2014-01-29 - to review JTC 1 submission package.
Will anyone be requesting a leave of absence in the near future? For
privacy reasons, this discussion will be kept off of the minutes.
TC calendar iCal subscription link: